14.

Just the sex?
Mason enjoys the sex very much. Before Blake flew into his arms he'd never entertained the thought, his body had never hardened before he knew the scent of her arousal. The act requires intimacy, Blake is most intimate when she clings to him. Eyes on his, mouth open..... legs open.

Just the sex?

He can still taste her on his lips, her body rests so perfectly on his. Mason holds his bride close and even though he won't sleep the way Blake sleeps, entrusting him with her life, Mason closes his eyes and savours the feel of her silken skin.
If Blake could see the way she holds him, the way she curls herself around him in a perfect fit maybe she wouldn't doubt this.

Just the sex?

Blake's fingers come to rest in Mason's beard as she finds his jaw and strokes it softly, for Mason, this is better than the sex, this is what he wants from his mate.

A bond.

Blake risked her life for his, she bites him desperately, she wants him too. She wants everything and soon Mason will find a way to make it so.
They are mated whether the ritual was finished or not, Mason will have no Jorogumo wife.

Blake will never mate with one of their kind.

He knows the story well enough, Blake tells the story of the hunt for the new Queen. Whether she chooses it or not the Jorogumo kind will take her as their own.

A Jorogumo male is chosen, he is betrothed to a human within the first few years of her birth, when the ruling queen is nearing her end. The human will not know she has been chosen but she will be watched, courted her whole life. Upon sixteen cycles of the humans birth, the Jorogumo will present her with a gift, a beloveds human life.

The new Queen must slay the human without prompt, she must steal the life offered by her consort. Then while certainly grieving the life taken the consort strikes, the new Queen will hear the sound of the Jorogumo as he approaches, fear is required for the change. They can will it with just a simple touch, for in their fingertips hides small venomous pits but no fear is greater then inside ones head, where the sound is projected.

When fear has adrenaline at its peak the change can take place, the betrothed is slain with a ceremonial katana blade, it has slain the preceding queens for all eternity. With the new Queen pinned to her victim the consort poisons his bride with long fangs that descend from his mouth, he bites her igniting the change.

The humanity in the Queen is gone, in its place is the ability to morph into a creature rich with beauty, eight legs and a spiders body. She will grow tall and powerful, the katana absorbed within her body where it will remain until the end of her rule, the new Queen strikes with virgin fangs and engorges on the meal provided by herself at the slaying of the human.

Her first meal and her first subject. The adored human now becoming Jorogumo with the venom only the Queen supplies.
She is the only hope for their kind, without a seductress Queen no more Jorogumo kind will follow, for it's the queens role to enchant, bed and bite her subjects. In return for her favour the army of men offer protection, food and gifts to delight her.

The Queen's consort is granted the gift of sharing her bed, her throne and her life span. They are tied with blood that bonds them, the Queen will feel a great love for her mate, she will protect him with her life.

Mason looks at his sleeping bride, his, Blake will never suffer that fate. He won't allow it.
Blake rests soundly without a care, it may have been a strange day but Mason does not regret opening the door, he doesn't regret biting her and he sure as hell doesn't regret mating with this beautiful woman.

No, Blake's strange is Mason's perfect. Just the sex will never do.