23.

With his hands on his hips Mason stares down at his work, he's restless, moody and completely volatile.

It seems being without his bride puts him in a bad mood.

He'd got used to the still and quiet hours after sundown where he'd hold his mate while she slept, but now Blake sleeps alone three thousand miles away and her vow is all he has left of her.

Selfishly he hopes tomorrow's conversation doesn't go so well, then she'd be back in his arms before nightfall.

With a frown mason adjusts the small decorative pillows once more, he spent considerable time on his apple to find things Blake might like in her confinement and he hopes to make it as comfortable as possible.

The phone Blake gave to him buzzes and beeps on his small table across the open space he now has down here, with movements faster than what was possible two weeks ago Mason picks it up before the screen light fades.

Blake's name isn't on the screen and he's not getting a call.

He looks at it curiously, people seem to live their whole life's looking at one of these, Blake spends a lot of time with it to her ear. The screen lights up again and buzzes in Mason's hand, this time he sees her name but the phone is not ringing.
He touches a tiny photo of his bride and the screen changes, bigger photos with words he doesn't understand fill the screen and clumsily with his forefinger he moves the pictures up and down so more come into view.

#thequeenisback #cansomeonesayrehab #meathooksinhartley #malloryreturns @blakemalloryofficial 

The words are meaningless but the pictures tell the whole story. His bride is not sleeping, his bride is dancing, laughing and kissing someone who is not her mate.... not her king.... not him.

The pictures keep coming, a man has his arm around his woman's neck as she rests comfortably back into his chest, Mason trembles seeing this man's lips on her hair. Mason loves the smell of her hair, so does he.... what is she doing? Who is this man?

Mason shakes and drops the phone before it smashes in his hands, tears contort his vision and pulling his hair Mason drops to his knees. The ache in his chest is sharp and prevents breath entering his lungs, he has never felt such an ache.

The feeling makes him angry, angrier than he has ever known. A rough growl comes low and long, Mason cannot stop it and it continues as he rises, it continues as he removes every carefully positioned pillow with one single careless swipe of his arm. It continues as he no longer cares for his brides comfort.

He will confine her as punishment, not protection, Blake belongs to him.... she only gets one mate.