18.

The sound of her whimpers are loud even to her own ears and she covers them as Blake hides within an old tree stump, the earth is cold and damp, fog clings to the ground and the forest keeps out all sunlight so she cannot tell if it's day or night.

All Blake knows it that the monster is close.

Tick, tick, tick.

The sound isn't heard with her ears but with her mind so the hands over her ears are useless, her breath rushes loud and trembling...

She feels the monster so close, it terrifies her because she wants it, she wants it to find her, she wants it to take her. Blake can feel it in her thighs.

"Not my mate, not my mate" Blake whimpers under her breath.

She knows there's someone who needs her more than life, someone will die without her.  Blake wills him to find her, to stop her because she knows her will is not strong enough to stop this. Blake will have the monster who beckons her out, by the light of the full moon, she will be his queen.

"No.... no please" Blake begs her mate to find her.

"Shh now my queen, rest easy" the monster whispers calming her racing heart.
"My mate is coming, Monster, and the full moon is so far away. How do you plan to claim me?" Blake whispers wrapping her arms around the beast.
"I have claimed you, your mate is me. No one else will have you, I vow it" the monster growls in her ear and Blake trembles, with desire.

"Show me" Blake smiles and her eyes open on Mason's hard face.

"Bad dreams my bride?" Mason whispers wide awake confusing her.
"I don't know, did I wake you? Oh gods..... I fell asleep on you" Blake moans and kisses his bare chest holding him tight.
"No, I was awake and no matter. You work too hard, you need your sleep" Mason sighs.
"And you stayed with me?" Blake frowns biting her lip feeling overwhelmed and full of emotions she can't explain.
"Of course my queen" he answers easily.

"I literally jumped you at the door, I offered you sex and then fell asleep. Cuddling you feels so good, I'm sorry" Blake mumbles and nuzzles her face into his beard.

"And? For what part is an apology owed?" He asks sounding confused.

"The no sex part, we have a physical relationship, you expect the physical to happen when you come to my bed"

"When my mate is unwell, when she is tired and stressed I expect her to rest. Blake you can say it, we make love. I thoroughly enjoy making love to you. Don't you feel it? I don't need to be inside you for that, I'm here with you now, making love just by holding you, kissing you, feeling you breathe, feeling the way your heart beats. I stay because you need me to, so you can rest against me sleeping sound, you know even in sleep if my arms are around you then you are safe"

The words give Blake butterflies, to waken her further and send her desire soaring. How has this man remained a stranger so long? Where were his sweet words the day she moved in? The day her sordid fantasies began.

"I think your arms might be the most dangerous place I could be" Blake whispers moving to straddle his body, she kisses his chest and caresses his arms lifting them over his head.
"I have vowed it, I will never hurt you" Mason moans not understanding.
"Shh now lover, you may not need this, but I do" Blake kisses his lips with a small smile.
"Yes my queen" Mason moans once more as Blake unzips his pants.