25.

"I already regret this" Hartley complains as they descend from the light plane Hartley owns and pilots himself.
"Yeah well, just remember you promised not one single selfie or post, not even a tweet about where you are" Blake warns for the tenth time.
"Trust me, I'm not broadcasting this" he screws his face up looking around the small airstrip.
"You know, the first week I was here I was on suicide watch for myself. Then seasons changed and I got to know a few of the people here. Things move slower, cost a whole lot less, but that isn't so much a bad thing. Where else can you get a cup of coffee for eighty cents?"
"How about my apartment Blake? Sugar and cream though, that shits gonna cost you a full eye contact wristy at least" he chuckles and throws an arm around her neck.

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Blake groans and rolls her eyes at him.

"No, but I kiss you" he laughs and takes hold of her head, he plants a kiss on her lips faster than she can stop him.

Blake's hand comes up and her foot slams down, Hartley howls holding his nose and hops on one foot before she knows what she's done.

"Oh shit! Monty I'm so sorry!" Blake apologies and holds his head to look at his face.

"What the fuck was that for?" He complains and rightly so, he's kissed her freely and often for years, even during their different short lived romances.

"I don't know, it just happened. Mason told me no more kissing, he's not very good at sharing. I just panicked I guess" she tries to explain.

Hartley stops bouncing and uncovers his face stunned.
"What? Like ever?" He cocks his head to the side.

"Well not like ever..... but I like this guy, so at least till I don't" Blake shrugs.

"Fuck, some warning would be nice. Are you going to tell me we can't share a bed now too?"
"Well.... now you mention it, it could get a little uncomfortable for you. Mason is..... greedy" Blake blushes.
"No doubt, I would be too with this sweet ass at my disposal" Hartley slaps her ass and walks past to collect their bags.

Blake chooses to ignore his banter, it will only rile him up further to acknowledge him.

Her lips quiver with cold and Blake closes her jacket in around her, the sun is still warm even though it's starting to set but the warmth just can't reach her bones. Her head starts to spin but Blake walks on, following behind.

"Turn here, this is it" Blake mumbles feeling nervous and excited to be home.
"Here? There's nothing here?" Hartley complains but does as instructed.

"Do me a solid? Can you just hang back a second? Give Mason a second to accept you're here. Please don't start with sex jokes and lets just keep embarrassing Blake stories to ourselves shall we?" She wrings her hands knowing the man in question can now hear every word. "Just remember, I like this one"

"Sure, If you remember I've known and loved you longer. Remember that I'm the one who will still be there long after you've moved on from the guy you replace this one with. I'm the stayer here, me" Hartley nods and looks over at her funny.

Is he jealous Blake now has a real relationship? Is he unsure he'll still have a place in her life.
"If I don't kill you first" Blake smiles at him.
"Oh babe, you can try. I've seen better arms on twelve year old boys" he teases.

"Monty? You've been checking out twelve year old boys? Honey, do you need help for that?" Blake asks seriously and he flicks her hair over her face with a groan.
"Such a bitch" he puffs.
"Love you too" Blake whispers and touches his jaw lightly.

"Wow, this is actually not terrible" Hartley grumbles when the house and manicured lawns come into view.

Blake's old pick up groans and whines as it slows and Blake watches the front door open. She hears the sound she's missed, a heartbeat and a harsh breath. Mason stands with hands on his hips and a bare chest, he's dirty and his hair is wild.