29.

"I can do that" Mason grumbles letting her know once again he's not happy that Blake is receiving a massage from Hartley.
"I think it's adorable when he pouts looking like that" Hartley snickers in her ear.
"I think he's adorable, period" Blake smiles up from the floor where she sits crossed legged between Hartley's legs receiving her last back rub of his stay.

Seriously, Hartley is a magician with his hands, he studied massage therapy his first year of college. Any excuse to get his hands on a woman's naked body.

The morning has been spent lazing around, just the three of them. It's the first morning Mason has stopped looking outside for his parents and the first morning Hartley hasn't been found in Chloe's room.
Blake meticulously combed and parted Mason's wild hair, divided it into two and braided thick ropes down each side of his head... complete with wooden beads on the end, Hartley had his chuckle but Blake loves the look and Mason is indulging her.

Now Hartley is leaving, and Blake is both relieved and sad. Relieved because she has been worsening... starving, shaking and trembling. Hartley still thinks drugs are involved. Sad because he's her best friend, the last piece of her old life that still loves and accepts her the way she is.... even if he thinks that's a junkie.

But Mason needs privacy, Anton is sprouting lies and Chloe seems like she's getting attached, even sat with them through dinner and a movie last night.
Blake agreed next time she'll visit Hartley, perhaps she can talk Mason into visiting Los Angeles with her?

The guys seem to be civil most of the time.

"Will you think it adorable when my fist is in your face?" Mason stands in front of them both, Hartley on the sofa and Blake on the floor.
He tries his best to look intimidating with his arms crossed over his chest and his feet braced wide, he tries, but the braids really do look adorable.

"Hey big boy? Two more hours and your sharing time is over, you get me all to yourself" Blake tries to sound teasing but her voice trembles and her energy is lacking.

Mason's arrogance turns apologetic and worried hearing the weakness drain her spirit, his worry, worries her.

"If that is true you will not go into work tonight, please? My bride has no need" Mason crouches low and places his hands on her bent up knees.
"I have to go, the girls count on me to do my share. We've talked about this Mason, we're not married, you do not keep me. I still pay my rent and all my bills, to do that I need to work. It's a short shift, it will pass in no time" she strokes his tense brow.

"We did speak about this, I remember only that every penny you give me will be returned in the way of gifts. The fact you don't need keeping does not change the fact I'll be keeping you forever, you do not need shelter and protection from me but that is what you have. I have vowed it and so it will be" Mason tells her gently and the light that shines down from the stained glass windows in the living room gives the man a face of blue, reds and purple.

Inside her dizzy mind it's like looking into a kaleidoscope.

"Then your mind is failing you.... home for dinner, I promise" Blake smiles gently at his illusion of patience.
"It is not my mind that is failing.... you are a stubborn woman Blake" Mason shakes his head.
Blake reaches out and holds his face, she pulls him closer and even though she rests between Hartley's legs, Mason comes willingly.
"Yep, failing... the word you were looking for was beautiful" she whispers with her face on his.

Mason kisses her slow, his hands squeeze and caress her knees and up to her thighs.

"C'mon kids, can't you do that once I'm gone?" Hartley complains but his hands don't stop on her neck, they dig deeper and slower.