10.

He can't stop kissing her face, gratitude and guilt must be the cause. Mason ruffles her long thick hair inside a towel and the moment her face becomes visible once more he kisses her again.

Blake.... his Queen.

She smiles with pink cheeks, he understands.

The delights of the flesh are new to them both, the sight of her pale pink nipples against her self tanned skin make Mason want to blush too. He does smile seeing the small geometrical wolf tattooed under her arm that her bra seems to hide.
The momentary sparkle of gold in her big green eyes make his heartbeat work a little harder. He loves it when her eyes glow, the rich forest green actually flickers with iridescent gold.

In his twenty two years he's never seen such a thing.

Not surprising really, Mason rarely sees anybody. Only the stupid and the brave who dare to wander onto the grounds of Maine's most haunted house.
Not a single spirit lives here, but that doesn't stop the rumours.

The weekly food deliveries have learned to arrive around noon, or just later, when Mason slumbers, so he thinks, if he had to, Mason could count in his head the number of people he has met in his lifetime.

All but one call him freak.

Only one looks at him like this.

"You didn't bite me" Blake wraps her towel around his waist anchoring it with a twist.
She steps closer and leans her naked body into him.
"No"

Mason brushes back her wild hair messed from his rough towel with both hands as she looks up into his face.
"Why not?" She asks curiously.

He should have known a girl who has gargoyles for pets would accept him this easy.
"Why?" The counters with a frown.
"Well, because you did last time.... and because you can. I can hear it, your pulse..... right here" Blake whispers and taps a finger on his jugular. "Are we vampires? All I want to do is rip your throat out.... in a good way" she smiles biting her lip.
"Not vampires, I did not bite you for a source of nourishment. I no longer need to bite you at all. Before yesterday, I had envisioned you dripping with blood many times. Not today, that urge has passed" Mason tries to explain even though he does not understand himself.

Blake's smile drops, her eyes immediately lose the golden sparkle.

"I did not please you?" Blake whispers mortified.
"My bride pleases me very much, your taste is something I'll savour my lifetime over. No fantasy comes close to the way you felt in reality" he offers telling only truth.

If not for the fear of repulsion he would tell her the feel of her blood in his throat has a stirring beneath his towel, he has waited many years for her and now finds his appetite insatiable.

Blake licks her lips, his appetite is no match for hers and for that he is truly remorseful.

"Anton....." Blake moans and closes her eyes.

Can she hear as well as him?
Anton is taking delivery of Blake's breakfast down the front path to the drive but Blake couldn't hear something like that... could she?

"You are mine Blake. You should look to me to feed you" Mason growls with an undertone of something animal in his voice.

Blake shivers but otherwise displays no signs of noticing.

"But you will not" Blake sighs and lifts his hand to her face. "Feed me Mason, please" she begs making his chest ache with her pain.

Blake turns her head and sinks her teeth into his wrist, she sucks with a moan of frustration. He doesn't understand why she just can't penetrate. Mason offers himself more than willingly.