Fiftytwo. 🌪️

H A R R Y S T Y L E S 

Arriving at the meeting point I hoped that the meeting between Max and Terry would not be as explosive as I thought it might be. Myself and Terry had gone through a few things mainly how I would have his back and that we were meeting in a public place to try and keep things calm. Right now I didn't know what good would actually come from this but if it helped Terry then I would go along with it. 

Max had arrived and he was accompanied by the famous Michael just as I had come along with Terry. I knew he had men posted around in case of any problems that might arise tonight just as Terry did. I kept my hood up and sat at the bar behind Terry as he and Max sat either side of a table in a crappy roadside diner. 

My eyes flickered between Terry, Max, Michael and the people outside. Everyone had turned up looking casual, myself and Terry in our normal get up, Max in a pair of blue jeans and a white top with a green coat over the top, Michael at the bar wearing jogging bottoms and a tracksuit jacket. I guess we'd all made an effort not to turn up looking like we were all thugs.

 I wanted to listen to their conversation but I knew if I got too invested in it then I might not be focused on what was happening around me. Although some words did make it to my ears. 

"What would you like me to tell you?" I heard Max ask Terry. 

I had to admit he was not what I expected when they spoke about him. He was older than I imagined, almost like he was some kind of old man you would expect to be someone's dad just on the verge of becoming a grandfather. He must have been about the same age as Terry but he just made himself look older with his hairstyle and the clothes he wore. 

My eyes looked at Michael, he had a smirk on his face as he sat a few steps away from where I was sitting, close enough for me to get to him far enough away to not make it look too suspicious. I looked away from him and at Terry who was listening on. 

"I would tell you it was quick and painless," Max laughed as he spoke about Elliott. He spoke about her as if she was nothing and that was hard to hear.

Watching Terry I saw his right eye twitching as he listening to the information before my eyes looked around the diner for any sign of danger before I looked back at Max who was smirking. I wished I could do something, anything to shut him up. I hated the way he was so flippant about it all. 

"I would like to tell you she begged and that every second I had her she was a pleasure but the truth is she certainly is your daughter."  

Terry looked at me for a moment before he looked back at the man in front of him, "You've done all this because of-"

Max leaned forward, "You know exactly why I have done this." He leaned back in his seat giving me a moment to scout the area before I looked back at him. "You took everything that was mine, you took it away from me."

"It was an accident," Terry tried to reason before he stopped speaking. He took a moment to compose himself. "She-"

"Don't you dare say her name!" Max snapped as I stood up from my seat, Michael following my lead as I looked between Michael and Max who looked at me. "Sit down boy! We're just talking."

Looking at Terry I sat back down before I looked at the monster who was opposite him. Michael sat back down also as Max chuckled to himself. 

"Let me tell you a story," Max said as he looked over at me before he looked back at Terry. "Many many years ago, twelve to be exact, your boss here he made a grave error in crossing me."

My eyes flicked to Terry then Michael before going back to Max who had a smirk on his face. 

"My dear wife," he put his hand on my chest, "God rest her soul." He looked back at Terry, "Who I might add was heavily pregnant was innocently relaxing at home when she was killed, shot down by this very man."

I hadn't really known the truth but here it was and it made sense. No wonder Max was so mad with life, it made sense now, a life for a life and just as easily after waiting for the opportune moment he had taken Elliott, taken her at both her and her father's most vulnerable moments before doing to the same to her as Terry had done to Max's wife and child. To be honest, I didn't know how I felt about hearing all of this, I knew Terry had been a force to be reckoned with but I never would have expected any of this. For a moment I lost a little respect for Terry, this woman may have been the wife of an enemy but if she was truly innocent did she deserve to die? Did Elliott deserve to die?

"Bet he never told you any of those details though, did he?" Max asked me before he shook his head. He turned his attention back to Terry who was in shock. "This is over now," he reached into his pocket and I stood up before he returned his hand from the pocket with a USB stick which he placed on the table as he stood up. "Enjoy every moment knowing that you signed your own daughter's death warrant." My eyes looked at the USB stick that was on the table before I looked at Terry's pale face. 

Terry got to his feet, "Why both of them? Why Thomas too?"

Max rolled his eyes as he looked at Terry who had become weak when it came to his children. He was standing there begging for information regarding his son. "Thomas," Max toyed with Terry before he nodded. "At least one of your children had sense. I have to say I am most impressed with him."

The door of the diner opened and my eyes averted to the door to a hooded figure who walked towards us all. My eyes widened as I realised that it was Thomas, he took down his hood and his eyes met his father's, confirming his identity. He looked a little different having bulked up and turned from a boy to man but when he spoke there was no mistaking him. "Hello, dad."