Sixteen. ✨

The house was almost silent, with all the cars still parked outside which I checked as I walked passed a window, I would expect more noise throughout my home. Heading down the stairs we walked through to the living room where Thomas was sitting on the sofa leaning forward. He was wearing all black and had a hoodie on that had the hood up covering his head casting a shadow over his face. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him making him turn to look at me.

He pulled down the hood before he got to his feet, "Nothing, what are you doing?" he said quickly and defensively, I watched as his eyes glanced to the bottle in my hands before I handed it to Jess and smiled at him. He walked over to where myself and Jessica were stood, "Jess," he nodded at her before he looked back down at me as he stood in front of me. "I'm going away for a few days," he told me as he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Where?" I asked as I looked up at him, I heard Jessica walk away from us and out of the corner of my eyes, I saw her heading towards the kitchen. I put all my attention on Thomas, "Where are you going?"

He managed a smile, it was forced. His eyes had bags under them and his whole aura seemed put out. "I'm just going to spend a few days away with the boys, Grant and Jon."

I tiptoed up and hugged him holding him close to me, "You are such a bad liar."

"Fine, fine," he mumbled against my hair, "I am going away with a girl I have met."

I rolled my eyes as I pulled away from his touch, "Well I don't see why you are making such a big deal about it."

"Just don't tell dad," he told me as he looked me dead set in the eyes. "With everything that is happening right now, there is no way he would allow me to go swanning off on a beach trip with anyone."

Reaching up and kissing his cheek I laughed, "I promise. Just make sure you bring me something pretty home."

He smiled at me, "I will." He walked passed me heading towards the door, he turned back and looked at me as I watched him, "I love you, Ell."

"Love you too," I winked at him before I watched him leave. 

I shrugged my shoulders before heading towards the kitchen, in there I found Jessica who was sitting on my kitchen side and looking at Harry who was leaning against the fridge looking back at her. I looked between them before I spoke, "Well," I looked at Jess who smiled at me. 

Awkwardly I waited for her to say something, it was obvious they had been talking, no one just sits there staring at someone without speaking. She crossed her right leg over her left as she looked back at Harry before looking at me, "Harry here was just telling me that he's a friend of Thomas'."

I looked at Harry, "Was you now?" I raised my eyebrows at him before I spoke again.

Harry's eyes were intense as always, whenever he looked at me it was like he was looking deep into my soul like he was looking past my outer shell. "I better go," Harry said as he looked at me. "I was just helping your dad out with his computer," he lied as he headed off and out through the other exit. 

Jessica looked at me and wrinkled her nose, "Did you just forget to mention that you two are fucking?"

I gagged as I looked at her, "Are you out of your fucking mind?" I asked her as I reached for the pink bottle next to her. Lifting it to my lips I took a few mouthfuls before I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand, "There is no way I would be caught dead anywhere near him!"

She laughed, "Could have fooled me, the tension was obvious."

I decided it was best to not tell her about him threatening to blow my brains out, I didn't think it would go down too well with her. She seemed to be a bit oblivious to all that, just like me. "So, now you've met him, can we do something else now?"