Capítulo Veintiocho

Start from the beginning

Xander and Noah come in through the door, and my heart beats wildly when I see who follows them in.

Ameena and I both rush up and off the couch simultaneously.

Unaware of Xander and Noah standing right there, I throw my arms around Arsen and hug him tightly, my heart racing all the while.

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you," I whisper in his ear, bringing him closer every time. When he returns the hug, I feel him lean in.

"I hate you, too." He mutters coldly in my ear. But it doesn't seem so cold anymore.

I smile as I lean into him, but two throats being cleared immediately causes us to pull away.

Right. Arsen and public affection are like an invisible man.

Impossible to show.

"We didn't find him," Noah smirks. "He found us."

Xander rolls his eyes. "He was doing something dangerous, though."

Ameena looks at Arsen and raises her eyebrows.

"Can you not do something dangerous for a change?" She asks.

I smile when I realize no other girl would ever really speak to Arsen like that.

He glares at her.

"No, Ameena. I can't not do something dangerous for a change. Being dangerous is in my job description," He tells her, his gorgeous amber eyes fiery but his voice completely normal.

If you count very sexy as normal.

Why am I suddenly so focused on every detail that is Arsen?

Maybe you just realized you're in looooove.

Shut up.

"You know how grumpy Xanny's been ever since you've been gone?" Ameena hisses, pointing a finger accusingly at me while returning Arsen's glare.

I feel my cheeks heat up and blush as Arsen glances silently at me.

"Every time her phone goes off with a text message she jumps, literally," Ameena says.

This time, I don't blush.

She's caught on.

Before, Ameena thought every text I got was from Arsen and that I got excited over that.

But now I had no excuse as to why I jumped at every text.

And almost as if right on cue, my phone pings, and I jump slightly.

Everyone notices and they turn to me. I giggle nervously, avoiding Arsen's gaze.

"I guess I'm still kind of paranoid," I lie through gritted teeth.

If I look even a little into Arsen's fiery amber eyes, he'll know I'm lying.

"I want everyone to get ready for tomorrow, tonight," Arsen starts, looking at the few of us.

Xander narrows his eyes.

"What's tomorrow?" He asks dumbly.

Arsen gives us all an observing look. "It's school."

My eyes widen. "Tomorrow?!" I cry.

Arsen nods, his eyes lingering on mine a second longer before turning away.

"I'll be back in half an hour," He says coldly. "Xanthe, wait in my car."

"Where are we going?" I ask, confused. He looks back at me briefly before disappearing through the doors.