- "Poisoned. They hung some servant for it, but they just needed someone to blame. One of Taemin's people told him yesterday and he sent me word. Yugyeom is going to be crowned tomorrow," Kai replied, his lip curling into a cold sneer.

- "What the hell! I don't doubt that he had enemies, but at least he cared about his kingdom!" Namjoon exclaimed, disbelief clear in his voice as he took your hand.

- "Where's Satan? I bet he knows who murdered my cousin," Kai replied, looking around the entry hall as if simply asking for Hyuk would make him materialize from thin air.

- "He hasn't talked to anyone or left the castle. How would he know?" Namjoon asked, but Kai snapped impatiently, "If you think he lost contact with his agents for even a day, then you're deluding yourself. Now, where is he?"

- Neither of you replied. If Kai was already this mad, the last thing he needed to do was see Jaehwan. "I'll find him myself," Kai huffed, spinning on his heels and pulling Kyungsoo up the stairs.

- You and Namjoon exchanged worried looks before hurrying behind them. After glancing into the empty parlor, Kai pulled Kyungsoo toward the library, and you said a silent prayer to whoever was listening that he would stay calm.

- "Nini, take a deep breath," you said, letting go of Namjoon's hand and stepping in front of him when he reached the library door. "Get out of my way, Jinnie," he snapped, trying to walk around you, but you stepped in front of him again.

- "Don't get mad. I know your cousin's loss is hard, but you need to breathe and focus on finding out who killed him, nothing else," you said, trying to make your voice soothing as you blocked him again.

- "What the fuck are you talking about? Move!" Kai said sharply, succeeding in ducking around you and pushing the library door open. "Oh," he breathed, and you peered over his shoulder.

- Jaehwan was lying on one of the couches with his feet on Hyuk's lap, while the spymaster talked to Jungkook who was sitting opposite them. Your best friend's bruises weren't hidden, and it hurt you to see him in such a state.

- "Deep breath," you repeated, putting a hand on Kai's shoulder when the three of them looked over at you, but he shrugged you off and walked purposefully into the room. Ravi was in the corner, but he didn't look any happier than he had at breakfast.

- "I know why you did that, so don't bother trying to think of a lie," Kai snapped, gesturing at Jaehwan as he glared at Hyuk, and continued, "Tell me who poisoned my cousin. I know you know who did it."

- Hyuk watched Kai through narrowed eyes, but replied evenly, "What are you talking about? Which cousin?" Kai exhaled sharply and said, "Don't bullshit me. Who murdered Jinyoung?"

- At least he hadn't freaked out about Jaehwan! Kyungsoo was at his side now, and you were hanging back by the door in between Namjoon and Jaebum. As you watched, Hyuk's lips curved up into a small smile, and he tilted his head back to stare at the ceiling.

- "I would keep an eye on baby Yuggie if I were you. Last I heard, he wasn't too happy with his older brother's preference for peace," Hyuk replied, still in that calm voice, and his eyes flicked from Jungkook to you.

- What the hell was that for?! Kookie would kill anyone who tried to hurt you, not the other way around! "Yugyeom didn't want to be king!" Kai exclaimed, but Hyuk smiled wider and replied, "Are you sure?"

Time skip: Yugyeom's Palace, 3 pm, Baekhyun's POV:

- Hunnie was holding your hand as the two of you walked out of the graveyard and back up to the palace, surrounded by his extended family. The funeral for Jinyoung and his father just ended, and your king had insisted on coming. Hunnie had loved his cousin very much, and you didn't want him to have to face this alone, so you left your most competent general in charge, she could run things for the day.