Prologue

"Mama! Mama!" Tessa cooed reaching for her mother.

"What sweetie?" Her mother replied in a baby voice.

"Mama! Mama!" She repeated, that being the only word she knows.

"Awe, are you hungry?" Her mother cooed. She picked Tessa up and placed her in her baby blue high-chair and gave her some Cheerios.

"Chee-chee roes" Tessa tried, but failed to say Cheerios. Her mother repeated the word each time Tessa would grab a Cheerio.

"Darling I'm home!" A deep brooding voice yelled from the front door. Tessa had never heard such a deep sound and began to cry.

"Welcome home my love!" Her mother exclaimed jumping up out of her seat and kissing her husband, who had been gone for the past year and a half on a business trip.

"Who's this little one?" He peered past his wife to glance at the baby, whom now looked at the strange man in curiosity.

"That's Tessa, Hun I am sorry didn't wait to name her. I thought you'd like the name..." Her mother rambled on about the stress of childbirth while she wrung her hands together.

"It's perfect," he turned picking up his wife and kissing her. "I love it! It suits her perfectly." He replied with so much love.

     With that they were a whole family again. Until Tessa received her gift on her twelfth birthday, instantly she killed her father and beloved family dog Liam. When high school arrived things only got worse; class mates ran from her because of the rumors that she did indeed kill her own father circulated more frequently. The fact that his death was due to poison makes it all the more suspicious.

     Now in her junior year of high school things seem to be getting better; people are more afraid of her than anything else. They all leave her alone, except the ones who know about her ability, they also have their own, however they can control theirs.

     Will Tessa Martingale learn to control her power? Will it consume her? Will she use it to kill those who bullied her? Can she repair her relationship with her mother?