chapter fourteen

"Be patience, patient 001 they'll be arriving soon." The robotic voice lurked the voice bouncing around the white padded walls. 

Be patience, be fucking patience! Are you kidding me! There is no way in hell I am waiting any mother fucking longer. I have people to seek revenge on! Like my whole high school! 

This straight jacket is made out of cotton right? If so would I be able to rot it because it is an organic material. I have no idea how to control my power or to what extent I can kill or poison or decompose. 

I suppose I have to feel an intense emotion. Anger worked with the table. There definitely a lot that I can get angry over.

First would be me in this cell, what the fuck is this cell! Who puts people, who are definitely not cray cray, in a cell? 

[Level one anger reached.] 

Second would have to be this fucking piece of hair that is in my face. I cannot put it back in place. I can only watch it sway as I move back and forth trying, praying that it happens to go behind my ear. 

It doesn't. 

[Level two of anger reached.] 

The only thing I can think of now, is Tanner. If we're destined to be together why does he recoil from me? Why does he act like I'm a nuisance, like I am the gum at the bottom of his shoe? I am so much more than that. He has done nothing to show his undying love that's supposed to be an everlasting love. He does nothing but show hate, disgust, and an unbelievable amount of mixed signals which lead me to believe he hates me. I deserve so much more. I am so much better, so much better than he thinks I am. 

[Anger depleted] 

I begin to sob. My facade of the evil cynical murder I'm destined to be falling apart. My hands covered my face as the crying continued. 

My hands! 

My mother fucking hands! 

Thank god, now to find an opening of some sort. 

I got up and began searching for a crack or a draft in this little room. Air has to be coming in here somehow. 

Sirens blasted in my cell making me cover my ears. 

"Patent 001, 002, and 003 have escaped! This is not a drill patient 001, 002, and 003 have escaped! All evacuate to nearest exit immediately this is not a drill!” 

Something about that voice sounds familiar. 

With the sirens, screams and smoke invading my senses I can't focus on anything and I force myself to black out to cope. 

~~•~~ 

The smell of roses flooded my nose. My eyes opened instantly knowing who had walked into my room.  

"Jenny!" I cheered leaping out of my little toddler bed clinging to the middle aged woman for dear life.  

~~•~~ 

"Tessa! Wake up we gotta go!" Tanner's frantic voice awoke me from a dream. Was it a dream? It seems way too real and she looked so familiar. 

"Where are we?" I asked groggy. 

"One of the government bases. Like the one they were going to take you before you left! Come on!" He picked me up bridal style running through the gigantic hole in the wall out into the middle of the woods.

 Still groggy from roughly being awoken, I fell back asleep in Tanner's arms. He makes me feel so safe it's unreal. His warmth and the safety I felt I couldn't help but sleep. 

~~•~~

 "She's been out for a few hours." The pillow I was resting on vibrated I snuggled into it further to get it to stop. 

"Just accept her Tanner; you can obviously see that she likes you." I became a little more aware of my surroundings. 

"No." His tone was sharp and my heart began to ache. Now I am fully alert. 

"Let me go." I said coldly. Not opening my eyes. 

"What?" His tone was softer and my heart melted at the disappointment in his voice. 

"I said, let me go." I ground out. He released his grip and I got up looking around. We are in a very fancy hotel. 

"How much of that did you hear?" Asked Tanner. 

"I heard enough, Elizabeth where are we?" I asked walking towards the kitchen wanting a distraction from the continuing pain coursing through my chest. 

"We made it out of Nevada last night." She shrugged. 

"NEVADA!" I yelled dropping my sweet tea I just grabbed from the fridge. 

"They took us to area 51." She shrugged. 

"Bull shit." I said picking my bottle up. 

"It's true! Now that they know what we look like it is going to be hard to fit in. We-" I cut her off. 

"I am not dyeing my hair again you guys can do whatever you want. I will not dye my hair ever again. I'm tired of hiding from them. I want to be able to protect myself. I want to know how to kill them. I want them to die." I twisted the cap off my sweet tea and took a big gulp relishing the flavor. 

"Uh okay" Elizabeth shrugged. "You'll start training with Greg-" she was yet again cut off 

"No" Tanner grunted. "I'll-" 

"What is up with me getting cut off today?" Elizabeth yelled waving her arms in outrage. 

"You cut me off there hypocrite" Tanner laughed lightly.

 "Shut up." She grumbled leaving us in the kitchen. 

"I'll train you. Starting now." He turned and motioned me to follow. 

I did as he said and he has an incredible ass if I do say so myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

947 words! Toxin is 994 in Fantasy it has been in the 800s and then dropped down into below 1000 however progress is progress! Read ON! And I took this what would you be in a fantasy realm and I got a nymph! I don't know the link but the picture to the side or top is from it!

VOTE

COMMENT

PEACE!!