Chapter Forty One: Intimacy And Contrition

'She was like the stars and everytime she left, my sky was left into darkness. And everytime she smiled, I wasn't sure if it killed me or brought me back to life' - Faaiz Hasnayn.

She sat and watched the sunset.. How the sun casted a warm glow to the trees, how the cool evening breeze softly caress her cheeks capturing her into an eternal bliss. How slowly the sun hid behind the cloud, disappearing from the cruel world..paving way for the upcoming moon. The trees swayed, dancing to the rhythm of the wind. She watched in contentment how the birds flew about with no worry in the world. It gave her a feeling of euphoria..

And as she sat admiring nature, she couldn't help but reminisce about her life. Faaiz has finally changed and is now looking out for her. Her mom seems okay now. And her dad? He's been living the way he likes.

She seemed so engrossed in her thoughts that she couldn't detect the coming footstep. A pair of hand wound around her waist. She needn't turn around to know whom, his scent wafted through her nose.

"You back early" She remarked and he snuggled closer inhaling her sweet smelling damp hair.

"Yeah. Decided to leave work early and moreover, I've missed my wife's warmth," She smiled standing up and turned around in his arms facing him.

"Urm. You look stressed,"

He shut his eyes momentarily "Work was hectic."

She loosened his tie "How do you know I was here?"

"I figured," She smiled.

"Come on, go in and freshen up I will join you soon," He snuggled closer.

"I like it this way," And he tightened his grip on her waist.

She ruffled his hair "C'mon don't be such a kid and go upstairs I'm ain't running away."

"Right!" He pouted and she giggled as they both entered the house.

"What are the two love birds up to?" Mariam asked mischievously. Hanan blushed and Faaiz shrugged leaning closer to her.

"Can't I have a nice time with my wife?"

"Of course," And she grinned before disappearing into the kitchen.

"I would be right back," She nodded as she watched him leave.

"So.." Mariam started nudging her shoulders.

"So...?" She inquired clueless .

"Have you decided on an honeymoon yet? Location, date..?"

"No honeymoon granny."

"You guys are just too boring!"She huffed and she chuckled

"What ever."

"Oops! Forgot something. Would be right back" And she hurriedly left. Hanan sighed as she went about her duty.

*******
"For the love of God, will you just shut up already?" demanded Faaiz rubbing his temple.

But she was having none of it as continued nevertheless "-Sofia came to me telling me there was a surprise for me. I was puzzled of course, at the same time curious what. So she led me to the garden and grinned widely at me... "

Faaiz face palmed himself "You are distracting me!"

She rambled on "... She then showed me the surprise. You cant just believe my favourite sunflowers- My sunflowers blossomed!!" She squealed and Faaiz massaged his temples "Heaven knows how long i've been nurturing them and it turned out really bea-" He shut her up with his lips on hers.