Chapter Nineteen:Appearance And Preparations

'It helps when the calm of your mind is strong enough to handle the noise of the world..'

The honking of cars, people pushing through the crowds finding their way probably cos they are late for work or have somewhere important to be. The noisy and busy streets. The occasional pushing and pulling to one side as people try to make their way through the massive crowds. While some set of people mind their businesses, others stood by their stalls gossiping about. Even the scorching sun did not help matters.

That was what Hanan and Mariam signed in for when they decided to take a tour round the town without carrying the car. That morning, Mariam had suggested they go for a stroll a long one that is. The guards had insisted on them going with the car but they had vehemently refused claiming exercise is good for the soul!

And moreover, its not strolling again once car is involved! And Mariam claimed the doctor has told her to exercise cos of her condition. Of course, the guards weren't pleased and wanted to throw a fit because they know Faaiz would be really pissed if he hears that which might result to them being sacked!

And of course, Mariam being Mariam has her ways and successfully manipulated them into accepting. Which resulted into them negotiating, The guards will go with them, which Mariam found ridiculous cos they don't need it. They are grownups for crying out loud.
That or Faaiz would hear about it. So, reluctantly they agreed!

So, now they are in the middle of the busy streets with two guards, some meters behind tagging along. Once someone bumps into them, they will rush forward and protect them against it. "This is beginning to sound like a wrong idea" Hanan whispered to her loud enough above the noise of the street.

"And I hope it's all worth it!" she whispered back and looked back at the guards who seemed like that was the last place on earth to be!

Mariam chuckled. They don't know what they are in for. Hanan followed her gaze and smiled. The plan has been to frustrate the guards till they find it hard to follow them. Seems its working already, cos they seemed displeased!

"Oh! That's a nice restaurant over there. Let's feed our famished soul before embarking on our journey!" Mariam exclaimed and winked as she said the last part.

"Sounds great!" Hanan chirped.

They all made their way into the expensive restaurant. "Ma'am!! Good morning ma'am!" An attender greeted and ushered them in. The place is so cool. The atmosphere cozy. It was simple and at the same time expensive. There weren't much people inside.

"Have your sit " and she obliged. The guards took the table next to them. The waiters came and took their orders. She noticed the respect they gave them was too much.

"Actually, this is the place I do branch anytime I'm on my way back from the hospital. A Friend of mine owns this place. Faaiz has been here before, but said he doesn't like the atmosphere."

"Oh. Okayy "

Speaking of Faaiz. "Has he now picked up?" Hanan asked dejectedly.

"Nope. He hasn't. I'm guessing he's busy" once she saw the expression on her face she continued "Once he comes around he'll call back"

"Before we actually get there? Hope he wouldn't get annoyed?"

"Rubbish! You are his Wife! You can show up anywhere, anytime you like. You have a right to. He can get angry all he wants."

She sighed. "Okay"

"Don't tell me you are thinking of backing out of your decision?"

She shook her head.