Chapter Twenty Nine: Bonding And Moment

'You are afraid to tell people how you feel because It'll destroy them, So you bury it deep inside yourself where it destroys you' - a.s write

"Here" He extended the meal to her.

"Thanks" She said without making eye contact.

He then stood up and paced around the room.

She had woken up and was surprised to find him beside her. He was on his laptop though. As soon as he sensed her movement, he came to her aid. And she was told she passed out.

He asked how she was feeling and she of course doubted his sincerity. She asked of Neemah and was told she got a call from home, claiming it was an emergency. She had left reluctantly and promised to check back as soon as she can.

Mariam had rushed in and was all over her. After some while, sensing the couples needed privacy she left the room and inform Hanan she's just a yell away if she needs her.

Faaiz has been silent since then only speaking if there's a need to. He then left the room.. He took long which left her with the thought that he might have left for work. But she was proven wrong when he showed up, tray in hand.

He brought her food.

She avoided eye contact as she chewed. Sumptuous! The food tasted really different. She was sure it wasn't Sofia who prepared it. Probably granny, maybe its one of her special recipe. She enjoyed her meal.. The best she has had in ages. The meal is the second best compared to her mum's.

She eyed him skeptically. "No work today?"

He gave her a bored look. "You never get tired of asking me that question?"

"Of course not. Since that seem to be your favourite slang and excuse every single time"

He rubbed his face wearily. "I'm not going to office"

"No important meeting?" He glared at her and she tried her real best not to giggle.

"Surprisingly, I do. But that has been sorted out. I already did it online. Which is why I've been engrossed with my laptop. I made a conference call with them."

"Oh" He nodded Yes.

If he could always do this, Why the need to be in a hurry everytime? Always rushing to board Meetings. She thought with an eye roll.

"That case is different"

Oops! She must have thought out loud.
"Don't tell me I said that out. Or you can't seriously tell me you've turned to a mind reader"

"Who knows. Considering the fact that am a genius. Am good at all I do"

"Save me the flattery" She rolled her eyes.

"What made the case different?" She asked not wanting to evade the question.

"My wife is sick" Her heart skipped two beats. But she knew better than anyone not to fall for his charms.

"Hmm"

"Yeah. And she needs me" He gave a hard stare. And she gulped, looking away from his hot gaze.

Where have you been all this while? She wanted to ask Instead. But she let it slip.

He went back to his laptop, furiously typing away his attention fully on it. She quietly ate her meal. Her stupid heart wandering back to his earlier statement. She didn't let it get to her, so she wouldn't get her hopes shattered again.

She needed to use the bathroom. tried getting up but she still felt weak. He, still so engrossed in whatever he was doing didn't notice her action. She noticed her dress was changed. She panicked. She was wearing her pyjamas. Her hair let loose.