Chapter Thirteen:Acquaintance and Intimacy

Just be Yourself..
Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful and magical person that you are.
-Mandy hale

Faaiz sat on his desk and ran a hand through his face wearily. He exhaled rather frustratingly. He picked up the paper work and dropped it back down rather angrily. He couldn't concentrate and to top it all with the lack of sleep.

He rested his head as he replayed all that happened 'what in the world is Hussein looking for now? What else does he want? Why has he decided to show up after all this while!? And the bond growing between him and his wife? And the little girl?? Could it possibly be....?' No! He didn't want to dwell much on that.

He has decided to take a break on his life and probably focus on Work, that would possibly work. But deep down he knew that was a lie as Hanan's words reverberated and replayed in his mind. He'd tried real hard to forget all that she's said but it's all to vain. He ran his hand through his hair for the umpteenth time.

The headache has grown worse now. Anytime he thinks about his past, he seemed to have this horrible headache. When he couldn't get a hold of his thoughts anymore he threw his teacup on the floor in annoyance and the poor thing shattered! He yanked at his hair. His anger getting to him.

Aminah came in "Any problem sir?"

"Does it look like there is?" He snapped. She entered fully and sighed as she took in the sight. She's grown accustomed to it. For the past couple of days that's what she's been actually dealing with. Not that she could complain though.

Her boss and his short temper. He has been working himself up really badly. Since the past couple of days he hasn't had an ounce of sleep. She'd called the grandma and narrated everything to her but she'd sighed and said what's to be done? But later instructed her to ensure she looked after him well.

"Sir! You need to rest, you've been working yourself up this past few days and look at you. You look really bad" she said persuasively.

"Its none of your f***ing business"

"It is. Didn't you see the way the people we had meeting with stared at you. You really look out of place. We can't risk loosing contracts because of your... " she tried to point out, deliberately leaving the last word and he sighed.

She Inhaled rather thankfully as he seemed to consider what she's said. "Fine" he grumbled and she did a mental mini dance.

"Fine?"

"I will just pack my things and leave." And she grinned. For the past few days he's been sleeping in the office and she's ordered new sets of suit for him and had been caring for his needs and she can't be more happier.

Her other work mates has been extremely jealous of the relationship between them. Perks of being a PA. She thought amusingly. And she actually led them on. Cos he's been transferring aggression on them.

But her? Nah. Fine, he snaps at her occasionally but that's it. He still listens to her! She smirked mischievously. She actually cajoled him to leave the office which his wife must have probably tried. When she had called, he wasn't actually in a meeting but she had to tell her that as she couldn't spoil the vibes. Faaiz's finally opening up to her. And she didn't even tell him the wife actually called to check up on him. Faaiz stood and packed his things and headed for home.

"Okay sir! Bye!" And he nodded in acknowledgement. Aminah smiled victoriously as she equally awaits what's happening next..

******
Faaiz got home only to find his wife at the sitting room discussing God knows what with the maid! He was damn tired as he made his way through the house.