Chapter Thirty Seven:Hangout And Bafflement

'And sometimes, against all odds, against all logics, we still Hope.'-davies.

"I feel so happy and fulfilled!" Neemah concluded with a squeal.

"I'm so happy for you"

"Thanks girly" She then sipped her drink and eyed her.

"What?"

"Spill" She said leaning back in her seat eyeing Hanan in a scrutinizing gaze.

She glared at her "Don't go on a 'psychology mode' on me. And don't get me started on your 'I'm a psychologist'.." She concluded with a roll of eyes. Neemah giggled and raised her hands up in surrender.

"Okay okay. Would you tell me then?"

Hanan sighed as she glanced round the restaurant. They had both agreed to meet up at their usual Hangout place and catch up like old time sake. To just eat out, explore and shake off sorrow. And Neemah had told her how she's now on good terms with her mom and her dad's health has miraculously improved.

She gulped her drink as she smiled "Everything is cool now"

"You told him already?"

"That?"

"You love him"

Hanan rolled her eyes "Nope. Why would I?"

Neemah shrugged and munched on her snacks. "Maybe he would see it from a different perspective you know"

"You are still very silly. It will only complicate matters. When the right time comes I will tell him then"

"Okay. Sensible Hanan" And Hanan rolled her eyes.

She then groaned loudly "These people are something else. I mean how long would they take to serve meals! To take orders! Gosh I'm starving!!" And she gulped down the remaining drink in the bottle.

She huffed "Now what? This is finished too!" And she dropped the bottle angrily on the table. "I'm going up there to teach them a lesson."

Hanan looked on the whole time trying to hold in her laughter "What lesson?" She mocked.

"Not to keep an hungry man waiting. An hungry man is an angry man!" And she stomped off. She couldn't help it and she bursted into laughter. Neemah was something else.

She sat back anticipating the ruckus. She inhaled deeply as she glanced round the room. It was their favourite restaurant back then. Hanan couldn't understand why she chose this place. They were known for this reputation, they never give orders on time.

Back then when they do come here, they had no worries and would have taken something before hand and would wait calmly. Hanan chuckled at her. Still the same silly girl. She shut her eyes and smiled as the memories filled her mind. She glanced at the entrance and pictured their younger selves then, happily walking hand in hand into the restaurant in their college outfit.

She smiled warmly at the good old days. This place hasn't changed a bit. It was still the same except for the manager. The old lady is dead and the child has taken over. But still, Hanan has seen no difference. No changes.

She heard a noise and was brought out of her thoughts. Neemah had collided with someone and the tray along with the food had fallen. She face palmed herself. She was still clumsy!

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" Apparently, the someone was a guy. And it turned out it wasn't just any guy..

Neemah wanted to scream at the person but the word got stuck in her throat when she realized it wasn't just any person. It was "Hussein?" Hanan voiced out.