Chapter Twenty Seven:Illness And Warmth

'Face your trials with patience, for they may have hidden blessings within them that will show later'

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better"

"Sure?"

"Yupp!"

"Here, have this" She extended the mug of warm coffee to her.

"Thanks granny"

She gave her a tight smile "Always welcome love"

Hanan sniffled and sipped it "Ouch!"

Mariam giggled and Hanan glared "You did that on purpose!" she rubbed her anguish mouth. The coffee was still very hot.

"That's for not taking care of yourself. Getting drenched in the rain! And catching cold For crying out loud!"

"I-I"

"Save it " Exasperstedly, she stated
"Did you know how worried I was?!"

Hanan sat still as she whined and reprimanded her. "It won't repeat itself again" She pouted.

"I hope!"

She glanced at the clock "You heading somewhere?"

"I have an appointment with the doctor"

"Oh."

"Yeah. The attack has grown worse"

"Alright granny. Take care. Bye"

"Bye Han. Love ya" And she chuckled.

Just then, "Someone is here to see you" A maid came to beckon on her.

She wobbled as she stood and finally got her stance. Her turtle neck sweatshirt and scarf well adjusted.

Making her way down the stairs, occasionally staggering. She finally got to the end and heaved a satisfied sigh. It felt like she just finished a marathon race she paused as she took her breath.

Someone cleared their throat interrupting her mini session. Hanan sucked in a sharp breath. They haven't seen each other since the drama at the party.

They both shared an Awkward glance. "Hi"

"Hi"

"How have you been?" He scratched the back of his head.

"Okay"

"You don't look okay" He stated after a while.

She cautiously took her step towards the couch and sat down. "You look pale" Worry flashed his eyes. "Are you Alright?"

She took a momentary pause "Its fine really. Just flu" She exhaustedly blew her nose.

"Hope you've taken anything?"

"Yeah. Used drugs already"

"Great then!"

As if he knew the next thing. "I saw Mrs Hasnayn leaving the house and I knew Faaiz, I mean your husband is not home. So I decided to check up on you. Its been a while, you know."

She was grateful for his thoughtfulness at the same time, anxious. Lately, Faaiz has been unpredictable. He can show up anytime. And another argument or fight is the last thing she needs at the moment.

"I'm overwhelmed. And I really didn't get a chance to say this but I'm really Sorry for the drama caused at the party. I mean the way he reacted towards you "

That scumbag.. She heard him mutter under his breath. "Its fine really. Its not your fault actually. And you don't need to apologise, after all if I hadn't insisted on the dance, all of it wouldn't have happened. Moreover, if any one needs to apologise, then its him!"