Chapter Thirty Three: Discovery And Distraction

"Are you having your appointment today?"

"Yeah. I am."

"Okayy.."

"Is there a problem?"

"No. I just want to let you know, I would like to check up on my parent."

"Oh. Alright, no problem dear. The driver will drop you."

"Yeah. Ok granny." Hanan proceeded to give her a peck.

"Take care." Mariam asked all of a sudden, "Have you seen Faaiz?"

Her heart jumped. Ever since that night, she hasn't seen him and was clearly avoiding him. "I haven't."

Mariam sighed. "Is there a problem?" She asked, suddenly feeling worried.

"No. No problem. Its just.. I haven't heard from him. And it's so unusual." She dismissed, as per he was engrossed in his work habit.

"Alright granny," She nodded, too weak to speak.

"What's wrong?" Neemah asked immediately she saw her and detected her odd expression. They both decided to meet up, and visit Hanan's mom.

"Nothing. I am fine."

"It doesn't look like it. Tell me, what happened?" Neemah insisted.

Hanan sighed deeply. "What part of 'I'm fine' don't you get?!"

"I'm a psychologist you know.." Hanan groaned loudly.

"Oh, not again!"

"Yeah yeah. And whether you like it or not. I will detect what's wrong."

Hanan rolled her eyes and muttered, "So we won't be at peace again now, because of your so called profession."

"Hey! I heard that!"

"Obviously!"

Neemah smacked her arm. "You are just one silly girl." Then after a while, "You won't still tell me?"

"I promise I would. When I'm ready to" She said, sighing, as she gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

They both fell into a deep thought as they enjoyed the smooth ride. All of a sudden, Hanan blurted, "You said you wanted to tell me something."

"Huh-" Hanan rolled her eyes. "You just won't forget, will you?"

"Nahhhh. Sooo, I'm all ears." She drawled.

Neemah nodded, her expression turned grievous as she fidgeted nervously with her palms. "Confession time I guess,"

Hanan ears quirked up. She suddenly grew unusual interest in what her best friend has to say. "I-"

"We are here!" The driver stated cutting off whatever she has to say as Hanan's house came to view.

Unknown emotions passed through her. The last time she was here was when Faaiz-. She shut her eyes as she didn't want to dwell on the past. Speaking of Faaiz, she hasn't seen him since that night. Its been Four days already.

She turned to Neemah "Don't think we are done here. We are definitely going to continue this conversation later. You ain't off the hook just yet."

Neemah smiled and nodded. Grateful for the interruption, she was not prepared for it. She needed more time to mentally prepare herself.

They both got down and headed in. "Are you sure he wouldn't be home?"

Hanan looked unsure, "He shouldn't."

"Guess I need to prepare myself for the worst then." She muttered.

Hanan chuckled, "It's not that bad."