Chapter ten:Meetings And Outcome

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear too long for those grieve too short for those who rejoice. But for those who love, Time is eternity!"

The cool evening breeze softly caress Hanan's face. She watered the plants and couldn't help but smile. They are doing pretty well. Mariam sure did a good job. The flowers blossomed beautifully bringing out its beautiful colour. The trees greenish, its their time of the year.

She smiled as she walked through the path singing cheerfully gently touching the flowers in the process. The mesmerizing beauty of the flowers, absolutely distinct. Occasionally, she would pluck flowers and inhale the sweet smell. Even the trees danced as they swayed happily to the rhythm of the breeze. The birds weren't left out, they chirped melodiously attesting to the mood of the young lady.

Hanan then sat on a bench, the bird, trees, flowers keeping her company as she reminisces about her life. The cold evening breeze kidnapped her into an unbelievable fantasy. She doesn't know the condition her mother is, since her father has turned something else. Then and there she wished she had a sibling. Someone she would be able to share everything with. She sighed. Like her current situation. She can't tell her mom. She just can't. Its in this kind of situation that she wished her friend Neemah was here. How much she missed that poor thing. The only person aside her mom that believed in her and stood up for her. She sighed and sent a silent prayer to her lord and for the girl's safety.

Mariam hasn't come out of her room since that morning. She had gone to her room and she had declined her offer as she even refused the meal she brought her. Sofia had left claiming there's an emergency at home leaving her with the maids she is not acquainted with.

And Faaiz, she shook her head at his thought, she knew he wouldn't be home till midnight.

All of a sudden, she heard a noise. A voice?

She stood up at alert and traced it down to where it was coming from. She followed the path of the sound and saw a young girl and she gasped. "What?? W-who are you?" The little girl whose eyes was now swollen and red from crying too much hiccupped and wiped her face.

"D-Daddy" Hanan scrunched her eyes in confusion. She looked round and tried to see anybody near but didn't see any.

She bent to her level and wiped the Lil girl's tears. She gazed up and made contact with an Hazel eyes. Her hair poorly braided into 2. "You want your Daddy right?"

The girl instinctively cowered back as a sign of mistrust but at the question, she looked at her and for a second didn't say anything but later nodded. Hanan smiled and looked at the girl. She wiped her tears and reached out her hands to her. The girl looked at her and then her hands and she saw hesitation in her eyes.

"Don't worry. I won't harm you. You can trust me." She still hesitated. "You want to see daddy right?"And she nodded. Hanan smiled warmly at her then she put her hands in hers. She looks 6 or so. Hanan guessed. 

The garden led to an entirely different path. It has a door that led to a new street and as she was tracing where the sound came from, she realised it was behind the door. All thanks to Mariam for showing her all round the house and telling her some basic things.

"Come on let's go. You know your place?" And she nodded.

"This way" she pointed and they both headed there. They trekked for some while and Hanan grew tired. "Not there yet?" She shook her head 'nope'