7. tension

"What the fuck are you doing Y/N?" Levi choked out.

"I'm following what the fortune said." I shrugged showing him the small slip of paper.

It's my tenth one.

"Smash your enemies to pieces- wait what kind of stupid fortune is that?" He muttered his back pressed against the car window.

I waited until we were alone to do this.

"Time to die Levi." I smiled at him one last time before bringing my fist forward.

I guess I'm driving home now.

"You really think that would do anything?" Levi scoffed at me rolling his eyes in the most dramatic way, "please I'm a level 100 mafia boss and that my friend is not how mafia works."

Just wait till this level 1 crook beats you up.

"You'd better watch your back shortstuff just because I can't get you now doesn't mean I won't be able to later." I teased back pulling out my brand new pair of gucci sunglasses.

Get flexed on.

"I bought those for you it doesn't work like that." He retorted snorting.

Shut up.

"Just drive me home mafia boss."

"Whatever you say level one crook."

We got back to the house quickly- almost too quickly.

Whatever time for me to get some sleep.

"Y/N and Levi are back!" Eren shouted into the house after greeting us at the door.

No I'm not.

"Welcome home." Erwin greeted me as I trudged into the kitchen dropping my clothes on the couch in a giant heap.

Feed me.

"Who's making dinner?" Eren asked from his spot on the couch lazily scrolling through something on his phone.

WE HAVEN'T MADE DINNER YET??? WHAT ARE WE HOBGOBLINS??????

Levi and Erwin looked up from their conversation at the dinner table obviously confused.

Food???????

"I thought you were going to make dinner?" Erwin asked staring directly at Eren who was still lounging on the couch.

Yeah Mr. Chef make us food.

"I guess I can help out I'm just tired that's all." Eren mumbled shutting off his phone.

That's a bit strange.

I shared a brief questioning look with Erwin before sitting up and starting the rice.

Strange I could've sworn he agreed to make dinner for us the other day.

Whatever we can just have rice and tears for dinner I guess.

Mikasa shuffled into the kitchen grabbing a glass of water before shuffling all the way to the dining room table.

"Eren are you going to help?' Levi asked cooly glancing over at the boy who stil sat comfortably on the couch.

Yeah have you seen me make crepes???

"She seems fine by herself." Eren smiled innocently.

That's a bit.

"I'll make dinner." Levi rolled his eyes in Eren's general direction.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of that.

"I can help still." I offered up as Levi scanned the disaster zone.

Like I can pass you stuff and we can pretend you're a surgeon.

"Please I don't trust you with a knife."

He has a point.

I nodded stiffly before heading over to the dining room.

He has a point but I hate it.

The air in the room was tense and quiet as Levi prepared something and the rest of us sat in silence trying not to get too mad at Eren.

He's only 19 you can't be that harsh.

Still-

"I have a game tomorrow if you guys want to come." Mikasa broke through the silence shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

"I would love to!" Eren cheered seemingly unphased by the hostile attitude radiating from all of us.

Mikasa and Eren were supposed to go on a date right?

"I think I have to go into the city for work tomorrow sorry." I muttered sending her a knowing look.

Ok yes I know we don't like Eren right now but she should still give him a chance I'm not gonna squash their chances at romance.

"Sounds good." Mikasa replied the room resuming it's suffocating silence.

Someone talk.

"You have work?" Levi asked a teasing glint in his eyes.

Yeah I do wouldn't you like to know.

"Shut up you loser." I scowled rolling my eyes at him.

I don't need you stalking me to my job.

"Is it perfume?" Levi pushed raising a nonexistent eyebrow.

Yes.

"No I'm modeling for airpods you're too broke to understand."

He bought you gucci.

BROKE

"I have something tomorrow for-"

"WHAT IS UP MY PEOPLE!" Hanji burst into the room the tense atmosphere dissapaiting.

"Hello Hanji." Erwin greeted a smile drifting onto his features.

hMMMMMMMMMMMM.

"Why are we all sitting like someone died Levi is done cooking whatever that is." Hanji cheered pointing over to the food sculpture Levi had steadily been creating.

Food.

A scattering of laughter rang throughout the room and we forgot what had happened to eat.

"Ok wait Eren did what?" Hanji asked turning on the TV to the playroom.

Gossip time <3

"It honestly wasn't that big of a deal." I shrugged shoving my face with popcorn.

I mean like it got handled so it's whatever.

"Did you see how angry Levi was?" Mikasa mumbled a small smile gracing her features.

I honestly think he was angrier when my wet wipes won.

"I still don't know what's happening ladies." Hanji interjected a fire lighting up inside her eyes.

Oh right.

"And now he's going to watch Mikasa play hockey tomorrow." I finished giving the rundown of what happened before collapsing onto the soft couch.

Talking is exhausting.

"How do you feel about that one?" Hanji asked Mikasa.

Yeah I'd feel bad if you didn't want that.

"It's totally ok Eren is kinda cute I'm sure there's more to him." She shrugged her eye's trained on the TV screen.

She's really mature.

"You can always call one of us if you need to get out of something." Hanji responded staring at Mikasa dead serious.

Agreed.

The world faded away and I drifted off to sleep.

_____________________________

I'm really happy with the level of awKWARD I was able to attain yeyeyey