42

"Wait, so you're saying... 

all this time... 

she was mean because she was jealous?!" Sofie asked, her eyes wide and confused, but I can see a hint of anger and disappointment in there too. 

"Yeah..." I shrug in her arms and she pulls me even closer, giving me full excess to wrap my arms around her stomach and bury my face in the crook of her neck. 

"We were at her house, it was empty, but suddenly her dad came in, yelling at her for having friends over instead of studying. She tried to tell him we're not friends, and that we are studying, but he wouldn't listen, just kept yelling at her until he had an urge for alcohol and slammed her bedroom's door." I let out a shaky breath before continuing to tell the story. 

"So she burst into tears, and I didn't know quite what to do so I just hugged her tight and circled her back until she calmed down, telling her it's okay over and over again." I could feel Sofie tense in my arms. "And when she calmed down we had a heart to heart conversation. She said she was sorry for what she did to me all those years. She said that she did it because she was jealous of me and my friends and bla bla bla." I rolled my eyes. 

"Did you forgive her?" She asks, her voice shows zero emotions. 

"Yeah." I shrug. "And when I came back from Cami's- I mean, Camila's birthday, the gang and I invited her over to Elinore's after school and it was really fun, and since then we're kinda... well, friends." I shrug again.

She's being awfully quiet. 

I took a deep breath.

Usually, Sofie and I have a "heart to heart" kind of talks while we cuddle. It's like, our "thing". Telling stuff we forgot to tell each other, stuff we thought are not important. We found out that almost everything I find not important, she finds very important, and stuff she finds not important I find very important. So it works. 

Maybe I said something that upsets her, and that's why she's quiet?

Maybe she's mad?

Maybe she's even mad at me?!

Maybe she's just tired?

May she's ju-

"Hey..." she lifts my chin lightly from the crook of her neck to look into my eyes, as if she can sense my fears and insecurities. Butterflies started running around in my tummy like they usually do when I'm with her. "I'm really upset about everything that Ivory did to you. And all of it because she was jealous! It's just... frustrating. And to be honest, I'm even more upset you forgave her so easily and let her in, and became her friend. You're just an angel and I'm scared she'll hurt you." She sighs, planting a cloud gentle kiss on my forehead. I allow myself to relax into her.

She's not mad at me

She's just upset about Ivory...

I can definitely work with that.

I close my eyes with bliss as her lips tickle mine for a second, in such a gentle way, I almost couldn't feel it , though I felt it everywhere in my bod-The door to my room burst open in a fuss. I jumped in surprise, getting up from Sofie's body and sitting at the edge of the bed to look towards the door.