Chapter 17

I jumped with an incredible amount of amazement upon receiving a pleasant news. I appreciated my ears for hearing that we will be going to the village. Two reasons created the overwhelming feeling. The first was I will get to see my bestie Maryam and the other was going to the village will help me and Rayyan on our mission.

"How many days are we to spend"I enquired to determine the kind of packing I will do.
"Not days, hours. We will be leaving early tomorrow and return tomorrow In Shaa Allah."Mommy replied whilst supervising the charladies.

'Few hours can be enough for me to know my dad',I thought. The urge to tell Rayyan came to my mind but before disclosing the news to him, I peaked the bearer of the delightful news- my mooma.
I then incautiously ran to Rayyan's room and barged in without knocking. He sharply turned, upon seeing me, he hastily closed the laptop he was previously working on.

"You startled me Zaza, you didn't knock."he hid the laptop even more.
Despite my strictly unaccepted behaviour of barging, I spoke, "you look suspicious you know, hmm something is really fishy." I wondered what he was hiding from his bosom buddy.

"No not at all, I was just doing some office work prior to your interruption," he managed to compose himself to look real.
"Forget my bad manner, apologies for that. Actually I came bearing a vital news but you have to pay first." I forwarded my palm, demandingly.

"I'll pay but if the news is not wothy of all this exaggeration there will be refund right?"
I nodded very fast like a lizard, eager to disclose.
"Three scoops of Ice cream, deal?"he said, knowing me as an ice cream lover-actually ice cream die-hard.

"Deal. We will be going to the village tomorrow."
"And so?".

"It will help us identify my dad."
"Oh yeah babe, you've got five scoops."
He chuckled while I screamed in delight.

==============
My heartbeat increased as soon as I stepped my foot in the village. My entire body trembled in fear of what I couldn't fathom. The place I love to come turned to the place I'm scared of.

"Posh peony come on!"called Rayyan. I shut door of the car and walked, followed by the uneasy feeling.
"Zarah you really look good,"commented Aunt Zaliha.
"Thanks",I answered not willing to talk much.

"Zarah can I see you for a minute?"Rayyan pointed the exit.
I stood and met him outside where he leaned on his car with his arms crossed across his chest, carrying a serious face above his neck.

"Are you sick", was what he first asked without looking at me.
"No".
"Are you tired?"he probed, still not sparing me a glance.
"No".

"Then what's wrong?"he finally looked into my eyes seeming super serious.
"Don't tell me she have started again?"Maryam chipped.
"I can say she have, she's so dull and bothered but spilling the problem out is another issue. If it's a girly issue, discuss it with mom or Maryam but I can't bear to see you like this. Learn to share your problems with people you trust, this is a fraternal advice."he adviced and nearly stormed off before I stopped him.

I poured out the feeling of unease and fright I had been going through since I stepped my foot in this village. Bad feelings continue to potter about in my mind which are really hard to ignore.
They used soothing words to comfort me and reduce my fear. We went to the palace after that to greet Rayyan's parent before me and Maryam came back chez Aunt Zaliha, leaving Rayyan to spend sometime with his parent.

Rayyan's POV
"Oh sweet mom, there is no one like you."I affectionately declared as I leaned on her lap, while she walk her hand through the strands of my hair.
"You are the best son dear and I pray you will be the best husband to your wife," she prayed.

"To my wife? Just say to Zarah, be a little specific mom." I heard a light knock on my head after I said that.
"Ouch mom", I sat up.

"Children are something else now. You don't even feel the slightest shyness to say the this straightforwardly. May Allah guide you."
"Ameen mama but I just spoke the fact".

"Zarah don't even know, but all you do is think and talk about her."
"She almost caught me watching her pictures and videos yesterday. I use to snap her unbeknownst to her especially when she laughing or singing."I sat up.
"Mom can you do me a favour?"I requested.
"Yes son, what is it?"

"Inform Zarah's mom about it." She kept mum, starring at me. "Please,"I added before she sighed and finally said a 'yes' which made my day.

==============
Zarah's POV
Unveiling the concealed fact was all we wanted to at all cost. Aunt Zaliha, mom's closest friend was the target. I believe she knows much. We went to her unbeknownst to my mother to know the untold story.

"Who's my father?"was what I asked after she told me my mom was out.
"What do you mean Zarah?"she pretended.
"I know you know what I mean, you are my mother's secret bearer. For how long will you keep the truth away from me?" I answered with a higher voice and confidence.

Aunt Zaliha kept mum, shifting her gaze from me, to Maryam and then to Rayyan.
"Aunt Zaliha, Zarah is big enough to know about herself. If you don't tell her, who on earth will?"Rayyan said.

"Rayyan understand I cannot say anything right now, I promised not to,"she spoke at the nearly sobbing.
"Promise, promise, promise is all of you Isenberg as excuse,"I knew I shouldn't have said all that but all I needed was my history.

"Zarah I'm sorry but I really can't".
"Do you have any idea how I'm feeling. I literally hate myself right now. I sometimes think I'm illegitimat...."
"Don't say that!  Never!"Aunt Zaliha yelled covering my mouth with her hands whilst shaking her head.

"You are a daughter of a responsible father. Your father is the world's best dad. Your father is honest, known by some but cherished by all. He has a bright heart which makes no room for hatred or enmity. In other to clean your father, I will now tell you your history and...''

"Are you trying to betray me Zaliha?"mother barged in.
"We cannot hide it anymore, she knows too much."Aunt Zaliha said.

"What is good about him, he will even be a shame to her."mom insisted.
"No, even you don't know about him."that was Aunt Zaliha.

"How can you say that?"
"Well tell her what she don't know and I will sincerely tell you what you don't know afterwards,"Aunt Zaliha succeeded in changing mom's mood.

"I never wanted you to know that Idris is not your father but you are clever beyond measures. Idris raised you like his child and I'm forever thankful to him even though he revealed it to you at last. He is your father and no matter what we will say, he will still be."she paused and starred into my eyes before she continued, "if you wish to know your bitter history,"a tear escaped from her eye,"then I shall reveal it to you".

Hello readers
How are u all. How is chapter? I hope you like it. Now the real game or twist in this book starts.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
Share