Chapter 25

After praying around five a.m., I descended the stairs and began jumping and dancing with no music. I couldn't contain the excitement in me. It was there, present on my face, lips and deep down in my heart. After countless mistakes and enough proves, I finally knew who my biological dad was for real. Life to me, have never been that beautiful.

I almost forgot I was grounded. I prayed for my mother, for her heart to soften so we all can be back as family again. I wanted to see my father, to see how he looked like, to enclose myself between his arms. I knew I received fatherly love from my late stepdad but still I longed for the real one.

At about seven thirty, I saw the gate open. Immediately, I threw the blinds to the other side to get a better view of who was coming that early. I didn't know numerous cars by name but could easily tell whether or not a car is expensive. Well, that one was. Positioning the car in the parking lot, the driver took the exit. It was too early for any visitor to visit.

It was a man, I could easily tell. As he moved closer, I got the wearing apparel to be a black Texido accompanied by sunglass. With Rolex in place,I knew whose style that was.I just knew. He walked as strong as ever, as confident as ever and as Swabir as ever.

A grin appeared on my face, noticing he came to say sorry probably after seeing Dinah's messages and knowing I was his cousin. Listening to the doorbell ring, I took my time before grabbing a veil and opening the entrance for him.

"Morning!"he simply said with an emotionless face. Still, I could notice he wasn't frowning as usual. Just to show I was still angry even though I wasn't, I shut the door.
I stood there, waiting for the bell to ring again but it didn't, instead, he rushed open the door.
"This is my aunt's house, I don't think I need permission,"he said. He didn't actually sound bossy as usual but his face was just normal. Normal meaning emotionless.

"I hope you haven't been waiting,"Rayyan spoke somewhere behind me.
"No, I just came,"the other replied as they shook hands.
"I didn't know you would be here this early,"Rayyan added.
"Remember I told you 7:30 and I don't joke with time."
"Yeah, I can see that."they laughed together.
Wait! Did Swabir laugh for real? I gave him a more intense look and yes, he did laugh. That should be posted on social media as one of the world wonders.

"Let's go inside."Rayyan led him to his room.

Swabir actually did not come for me. He is here to see Rayyan. Why can't they talk in the parlor? Don't they know that a bedroom is completely distinct from a living room? Don't Rayyan know where to place a guest? Are they hiding something? Wait! Have Swabir seen Dinah's messages? Oh God! Maybe he haven't. He could have apologized. Do people like him even apologize?

Like that, I kept on talking to myself on the doorstep, where they left me awestruck. A tap on my shoulder took me out of my ocean of thought. As expected, it was Maryam.

"What are you doing here? Planning another escape, huh? This time, you should just go straight to Dubai and meet your dad,"she teased.
"It's not funny Maryama,"I shut the door and made my way back to the parlor where I switched on the television.

"I thought I heard the doorbell ring,"Maryam enquired.
"Yeah it was my so-called cousin,"I rolled my eyes.
"Who?"
"Swabir."
"Swabir? What is he doing here?"she was already standing with her hands on her waist. At that moment, Sadiya came to my mind - my no-nonsense friend. If she were there, she wouldn't mind going upstairs and commanding Swabir to apologize. I missed her a lot.
"Well, he came to see Rayyan,"that was my answer.
"What for?"
"I can't say."
"Why can't you say?"
"Because I don't know Maryam. Just leave me alone please."
"I can't leave you alone. Did he kinda confess?" Friends can be annoying sometimes but they are still the best.