Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to all mothers and all people that love and care for their mothers. Mother's love; the greatest unconditional and infinite love we will experience. You have to vote and comment for this chapter if you really love your mom, 😛just joking I know you do love her a lot.
I have a great mom and I love her to the moon and back 10000000 times.❤️❤️❤️
This one is for you mommy 😘😘

I cleared my throat in readiness to start."My name is Zarah Idris and I come from Kurma, a village in Kano state. My parent live with me and I love my mother so much"

"What of your dad?" Sadiyah chipped in. I hate to hear the word Dad, it makes me feel somehow. I feel like my heart is stabbed with the sharpest sword. I can't state a reason why I get this feeling but I can't say I hate my dad either. My father is a huntsman and he's not always at home, but he's a very good, loving, caring and funny man.
"I like my dad also" I faked a smile.
"Continue " Aisha said curiously.
"I thought you were not interested in my story earlier"
"But now I am" she smiled.

"Ok. I came from a poor family and I always say 'I'm privileged to be here'. We lived in an old house and I can say we are the poorest family in our entire village but you know in the blink of an eye, everything can change and we may become the richest tomorrow. I don't actually want to be extremely rich because that's not what life is all about. I live a simple life, my parent and I, school and home. I never felt shy or embarrassed of saying I'm poor, in fact I'm proud since my parent are doing their best." I paused and later continued.

"My mommy is the love of my life, the apple of my eyes, she's a person that I can give my last minute to, she's  the number one that I've got, I do love her to the moon and back, SHE'S MY MAMA......." I got emotional and I felt tears in my eyes. My friends were all emotional too but I summoned courage and continued.

"I hate to lie about my origin, even though we are poor, I'm still proud of my family; my mom in particular. We never tried stealing other people's properties to feed ourselves or to survive and that is one thing I'm always proud of. We tried not to be indebted to anyone. We eat from what my dad gets from hunting or from the food Aunt Zaliha, our neighbor gives us. Sometimes when my mother goes to the market, she gets a lot of food from the sellers for free. Being the only daughter of my parent, my mom brought me up to be a honest child and to always be contented with whatever I have and in whatever situation I find myself" my voice cracked maybe due to the great big tears I had in my eyes.

My friends all came closer and gave me a warm hug which actually degraded my emotions.

After the hugging session, I had a nap to appear fresh before the upcoming dinner.

7:30pm
"Baby girl, get up" I heard, somehow in my dreams, it was followed by a tap that finally succeeded in waking me up from my slumber. Actually, my mom used to call my name softly to wake me up and she had always succeeded but not by tapping.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes a little. My roomies were all standing in front of the mirror doing what I don't know. I got to the toilet, freshen up and prayed.
"You better get ready soon babe " Hanan said. They all looked absolutely beautiful.
I opened the wardrobe and couldn't choose what to wear, not because my clothes are cheap but because I'm in a hurry to get ready and you know it happens when we are in hurry to do one thing or the other, we get confused.

"Oh God Zarah, come over here and put on this" Aisha handed over a black abaya dress to me.
They were all putting on the same black abaya, applying unique make up on their faces. I didn't hesitate to collect the abaya not because I want expensive clothes but I just don't want my friends to feel bad.
After dressing up, we rolled up our scarves as turbans to match the casual abaya look.
We then head out to the venue.

The venue looked beautiful from outside and I bet the inside will look more better. All students and teachers were there already, I guess we were the only late ones.

As we were about entering the venue, I felt a cold breeze all over my body. The breeze was accompanied with a lovely fragrance. I sniffed it gently and I felt it taking over me.

"Zarah let's go" Hanan dragged me.
"You girls can go in, I'll be there in a jiffy " They looked somehow confused but I added "please" somehow pouting.
"Okay let's go" They left.

I turned to my breeze, trees were shaking, dry leaves were pursued by the wind. The weather changed to the most lovely weather ever. The cool breeze forced me to close my eyes to enjoy more.

Suddenly, I heard a car pulled over. I opened my eyes to see the most beautiful and expensive car in the world.

I waited to see who was in the car but to no avail

I waited to see who was in the car but to no avail. The person didn't show up. I turned to get into the hall but the breeze seemed to call me back again. I couldn't help it but turned back again to see the most handsome man in planet earth.
The man was standing by the car, looking at me. He was probably in his late 30's or early 40's but he looked rich. I was awestruck . Neither I nor the stranger broke the eyes contact and I guess it lasted for a long time. I felt somehow, my heart beat increased. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I felt connected to him.

Stranger's POV
'Who is this girl? The most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She looked exactly like Amina. I can't take my eyes off her. She is also starring at me, maybe she knew me somewhere I guess. I like this girl so much, I feel connected to her. I'm gonna talk to her now, starring at her isn't manly' I thought .

The closer I moved to her, the more I saw the resemblance she had with Amina.

Zarah's POV
He walked towards me and I actually felt happy.
'You're suppose to be scared, he is a stranger' my mind spoke but I ignored it.
His smile kind of melted my heart. Hey! I noticed that the man was right in front of me. I mean one foot away.

⭐️⭐️⭐️

Phew! end of chapter 5
The longest chapter so far.
How was the chapter, I hope u liked it.
But wait who was that man, I hope he's not going to kidnap my Zarah😩I'm soooooo scared.

Remember to
Vote
Comment
Share
❤️❤️❤️