"And what do you do on your laptop Evan?" Evan panicked, he could practically hear Jared screaming at him.

"I research trees mmhmm I like trees, i want to be a park ranger after school so I'm getting well acquainted with as many species as i can. Like i don't watch porn or anything on my laptop because that's super creepy like my friend Jared he does all that stuff on his laptop... And like i only know this cause he's told me not like I've seen it or anything cause I'm just not really into that sort of stuff if you know what i mean and I'm rambling I'm sorry I'm being weird." Zoe struggled to contain her laughter, "I'm sorry." Evan added. Zoe nodded slowly.

"Well I'm into like occasional rom-coms here and there, comedies as well." Evan laughed nervously.

"And Disney i hear." Zoe burst out laughing.

"Ha yeah when i was like six!" Evan nodded.

"Yeah Connor told me all about it. And your phase ended pretty quickly but Connor could never seem to get over them." Zoe laughed in surprise.

"Wow he told you that! Well that sucks i have nothing embarrassing i can hold against him now." Evan decided he should ask some questions now.

"So what is, well what is your favourite rom-com movie then?" Zoe smiled and bit her lip.

"Love Actually was always one of my favourites, our family used to sit down and watch it all the time, same with The Notebook." Evan frowned.

"What's the Notebook?" Zoe gasped and Evan freaked out he said something wrong.

"You have never seen The Notebook? My god Evan!" Evan sort of shrugged awkwardly. Zoe stood up. "Okay, well then, Evan do you have any plans this afternoon?" Evan stood up as well.

"Ah well no, no i-i don't." Zoe smiled and grabbed his arm.

"Then you are coming back to my place, time for you to get a movie-cation." So they both hopped in Zoe's car again and drove off. Evan had a question on his mind. But he didn't know how to ask it without being obvious. He thought maybe he should just wait until they reached their house but the anticipation was killing him.

"So is Connor normally home on weekends?" He waited for Zoe to respond.

"Yeah, he'll be home now but he normally doesn't leave his room," she looked sideways at Evan, "but he might if you're here." Evan tried to suppress the smile that was willing to form across his face. Zoe pulled into the driveway of a massive, two-story house.

"Holy your house is huge!" Zoe rolled her eyes.

"Yeah perks of being rich is guess, unfortunately it comes with a crazy housewife." Just at that moment Cynthia Murphy appears at the door.

"Ah Zoe you're- oh and who is this?" Zoe stepped aside to introduce Evan.

"Mum this is Evan, Evan my mum." Cynthia looked at Evan and smiled.

"You're Connor's friend aren't you?" Evan nodded.

"Yes Mrs Murphy." She laughed.

"Cynthia please, oh do come inside." They both walked into the kitchen and lounge area, which was nearly as big as Evan's whole house. "Connor," Cynthia called, "there is someone here you might want to see." Evan looked towards the stairs, he saw someone walk out across the hallway on the top floor. Dressed in black, hair out all over the place. It could only be one person.

"Oh who the fuck is it now mum i just- Evan?" Connors face visibly lit up. Evan felt his heart melt.

"Hey Connor!" Connor seemed to struggle for words.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He came rushing down the stairs, quickly tying his hair into a bun and he made his way down. Evan prayed he wasn't blushing because that would be awkward to explain to his date and date's mother. And to himself, he didn't really know why this kept happening. Like was everyone this excited to have a friend? Zoe interrupted.

"We," gesturing to herself and Evan, "are going upstairs to my bedroom to watch movies. You can have him back later." Connor groaned and went into the kitchen as Zoe dragged Evan up the stairwell. They went into Zoe's room which was filled with posters from boy bands and pictures of all her friends. She grabbed a remote and turned her tv on as she lay down on her bed, Evan was still trying to comprehend the fact Zoe had an actually tv, in her bedroom. Evan slowly laid down on Zoe's bed, but was sure to keep as close to the edge as possible. He didn't know how close was too-close. So he played it safe. Zoe started the movie and snuggled down in her bed. Not even two minutes in Evan heard someone yelling.

"GOD DAMMIT ZOE!" Zoe jumped up as she heard Connors door slam, he stormed in.

"HOW DARE YOU WATCH THE NOTEBOOK WITHOUT ME." And then his angry, murderous expression faded into an amused smile. Zoe shook her head in relief.

"God Connor don't do that!" He shrugged and crossed his arms.

"You have to admit it was pretty rude, you know this is like one of my favourites. Evan scoot!" Evan smiled and scooted over to the middle of the bed. Connor climbed in next to Evan, and began pulled up the sleeves of his hoodie. Zoe saw.

"Connor your arm!" Connor smiled sadly as he pushed up his other sleeve.

"It's okay Zoe, he knows." They all lay there in Zoe's bed, pretty much pressed against each other. The movie started. Not too far in Connor kept shifting his position against the headboard, until he sighed and took his hair out so he could sit comfortably. Connor's long, matted, ebony hair dropped down, resting against Evan's cheek. Evan didn't dare move. The movie was surprisingly good Evan thought to himself, not that he had anything against movies it's just he wasn't used to watching them. But throughout the movie Evan couldn't help but stare as the scars on Connor's arm, flooding his head with memories of that afternoon in the park. Slowly, trying his best to be subtle Evan gently shifted his arm so that his hand was resting against Connor's scars, with the small pink scar on the edge of his wrist resting under Evan's thumb. While Evan didn't dare turn his head, he looked toward Connor from the corner of his eye. And while Evan couldn't exactly see much, judging from the small smile appearing at the corner of Connor's lips he knew, he knew Connor was looking back at him.