Chapter 32

Buy The Stars

Marina

12 weeks later

"The couch should go there." I point as Lana and Nathan set the couch down in the small living room.

"Really? You wanted it here a second ago?" Lana is clearly tired of lifting and all my demands. But hey, I've never been able to do any of this in my first apartment.

"I changed my mind." I shrug and have a playful smile on my face.

Lana and Nathan look at each other before lifting the loveseat again and placing it where I pointed. The slowly set it down. Once they do, they immediately take there spots on it. And for some reason, I laugh. There expressions are hilarious.

I feel myself let out a belly laugh, and I still don't know if that was it or not, but in the next moment, I feel something drip down my leg.

"Uh.... Marina..." I look down and see the liquid looking at my feet. I had just used the restroom not even ten minutes before, so that can only mean one thing. And with a scared expression and tone, I look back at Nathan and Lana.

"It's time."

Lana and Nathan basically catapult themselves into action. We all knew I was getting close, so they came up with a plan of action for everyone.

Lana got the bags and final essentials.

Nathan got everything for himself and Florence

"Flo!! Start the car!!!" Nathan yells into the house. And that's Flo's job.

"On it!!" She suddenly bolts out the door. Then quickly enters again to grab the keys and then is back out of the house.

And my job was to get my shoes on. Placing my phone on the side table, I slide on my favourite pair of Burks over my socks.

"Ready Babe?" I grab my phone and look over at Lana. She has a layer of sweat and is breathing hard.

"Yep." She helps me out of the house. I honestly have been having trouble dealing with all this sudden weight. Considering how I was before.

Florence is waiting in the drivers seat. Nathan hasn't quite made it out of the house yet. But as soon as Lana has situated everything between us in the backseat, he come running out of the house with his and Flo's stuff.

"Now lets go and get Carmen out of ya!" Nathan almost yells while out of breath as soon as he is in the car. I can't help but laugh. I'm so on edge, his weird comment somhow struck my funny bone.

And Nathan always knows how to lighten the mood. Since he does so the next 14 hours.

"Come on Marina! You got this! Just a couple more pushes!" I squeeze Lana's hand harder than I ever thought possible. I'm surprised she hasn't show any signs of pain.

"Ok... just one more push..." the doctor states. I feel my body start to push again. And a second later my body falls onto the bed, and small cries til the room.

"Oh my god..." Lana and I let go of each other's hands and she walks down to the cries. "She's beautiful..." I look down at her and she has tears in her eyes.

Lana cuts the cord and is able to hold Carmen. I don't mind that she holds her first honestly. She deserves it.

"Hi Carmen... it momma.." Lana is looking into the child's eyes with a love only a mother can hold. She is gently rocking her up and down and the biggest smile is on her face.

"Lana..." I whisper. She looks up at me and smiles even wider. She walks over and very carefully places Carmen on my chest.

I feel this connection, the love, this desire. I can't explain it. I place my hands on our daughter and I feel tears start to fall relentlessly down my sweat covered face.

"Oh Carmen... welcome to the world.." I kiss the top of her head. Her hair is black like mine. She has my chin and nose as well.

Then she looks up at us.

Her eyes are a beautiful green. Lana's green. We both look at each other shocked.

"Lana..." we are thinking the same thing.

"Her doner isn't making an appearance just yet..." Lana mentions.

"Thank god.." I look up at Lana again. She leans over and kisses my lips.

The love I share between my daughter and wife is unbelievable. I constantly thank the heavens for how lucky I am for both Lana and Carmen.

I will Buy The Stars for Carmen. Kill for her, die for her. She has no idea how crazy her moms are for her.

And he never did it again. Jack is now in prison. Lana and I are married. We have a beautiful baby girl named Carmen. And wonderful godparents to help us. Nathan and Florence will do amazing. I have never doubted it.

Our story is so far away from ending. And it is truly just the beginning. The beginning of a new life. The one Lana and I are able to share while we raise our wonderful daughter. I could never ask for anything else, because this is all I have ever wanted.

And she did it again. With one final peck, we finally believe.

This is only the beginning.
_________________________________________________________________________________

God... I can't believe it's over.... after about 10 ish months, it's over.

I have been writing this story for so long I got to the point where it felt like the story would never end. It really hasn't, but what is written sadly has too..

I am in tears, these two books, Ultraviolence and Simplify, have helped me so much. It became therapeutic for me to write theses chapters at some point. And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has enjoyed this AU.

I can't thank you enough for you support. And don't forget to vote and comment to show it! It will really help both the books.💖

I can't thank you enough,
Love You!!!
-R