Chapter 28

Salvatore

Marina

"This has been an odd experience.." the Attorney comments as Lana signs the papers with a huge smile. Nathan does the exact same thing, including the smile.

"Never in my days have I witnessed a couple signing there divorce papers with smiles and there new loves by there side." I look over at Florence, she has her hand in Nathan's and smiles at me.

The four of us look up at the Attorney, he takes the papers and sets them next to him on his desk.

"The divorce has been finalized.." he starts to state, but Lana leans over and kisses me. She's never been shy of PDA.

"Excuse them.." I vaguely hear Nathan say, with slight amusement in his voice.

"Aren't they so cute." I hear Florence add to the conversation.

I break from Lana, giving her a look. She told her eyes and starts to pay attention to the Attorney. She has the cutest look on her face. Like a child in time out.

The Attorney seems amused at her attitude. So he starts to finish off what is left.

"I'm the papers is how everything is split, but I don't think you'll have a problem with that..." he finishes his whole speech within a couple minutes.

We are walking out of the building soon enough. Nathan and Florence stayed behind for some reason. Lana is basically dragging me to the car. She tries the doors, but the turn out to be locked.

"Oh well." Lana shrugs before pinning my small frame against the car. She eagerly connects her mouth with mine.

I have no problem with this, you see. But there is something on my mind I need to tell her.

"Lana." She rests her forehead in mine as soon as she registers it.

"Yes babe?" I take a deep breath.

"Can I say something?" Lana looks into my eyes with a curious expression.

"Of course."

I adjust my shirt, correcting the "Count Me In" logo.

"Just over a month ago, I was bruised, abused, and pushed around everyday for years." I take a mother deep breath.

"Then I left the house for the first time. And met you. You were so genuinely scared for me that you showed up at the apartment. And that night was really special, let me tell you." We both chuckle at the memory five weeks ago.

"And you took me from a hurtful world to one full of acceptance and love." I take a chance to place my hand on her cheek.

"You started to take care of me. Take me to the doctor, take me out to diners and restaurants, and when we found out I was pregnant, after all my tears, you told me we were going to raise it together." Tears have been accumulating in my eyes the entire time. And they are in the brink of falling.

"You have shown me what it feels like to be truly loved. Every inch of me is loved by you. All my healed bruises and scars. All my mistakes. My weaknesses..." the tears start to fall down my face.

Lana kisses my tears away. A goofy laugh exist my mouth. My smile is teary and joyful.

"And now we're engaged. And are finding an apartment for the three of us." Lana finally places a quick kiss on my lips.

"You're my Salvatore, my hero." Lana kisses my forehead. I place both my hands on her face now, and guide her to my quivering mouth.

I wrap my arms around her neck, with Lana's around my waist.

And then we hear someone clear there throat.

We both look to see Nathan looking a little uncomfortable, while Florence, well, she has her phone out taking pictures.

"Didn't want to ruin and emotional moment... but can we leave?" I feel myself start to smile like a child. Lana and I leave each other's presence and wait for the car to unlocked.

We all like in the car, Lana and I in back and Florence and Nathan up front.

"Can we go out for ice cream?" Lana suddenly blurts. Nathan looks at us through the rear view.

"I don't see why not. Florence?" She has an excited look on her face.

"Absolutely!" She is bouncing in her seat while holding Nathan's hand.

"And now it's time to eat soft ice cream..." I hear Lana sing quietly. I look over at her and kiss her cheek.

"That was beautiful." I whisper.

She leans over and lightly kisses me, confirming my happiness.
_________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter was more or less inspired by my girlfriend. Love You!💝

Anyway, thank you so much for reading! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!!

Love You!!!
-R