Chapter 2

Million Dollar Man

Marina

Lana and I have to go different directions. So I just go to the kitchen. I turn the corner to find Nathan making a sandwich or something. I jump a couple feet, but refrain from making a sound.

"Marina!" He whispers. "I didn't mean to scare you." He walks over and places his hands on my arms.

"You're fine..." I whisper back. "But where were you?" I look up at his face and get a good look. He has a black eye. He can tell I've noticed because my eyes widen.

Then we hear footsteps. And we both start to freak out.

"In the pantry!" I whisper quickly. I have shut to door just in time.

"Well, what's for dinner?" I see Lana's father asks nicely. But when I see her look away from me, as if she was glaring at me.

"I was planning vegetarian lasagna..." I see Lana's father place his hand descreatly on Imogene's lower back. Must be to calm her 'I'm way to good for this, peasants' attitude.

"That sounds wonderful. We will eagerly wait in our room." Imogene glares at me as they pass and head down the hall. There door closes a few seconds later.

"Marina.. you looked slightly frazzled when we came in.. are you ok?" Nathan needs to cover his black eye. 

"Ummm..." And just as I'm about to mention his name, he peeks out of the pantry.

"Nathan!" Lana whispers. "And what happened to your eye..?" Lana stands there for another second before grabbing his hand and dragging him to there bedroom. I quickly follow behind him.

I close the door and lock it when I enter the room behind them. I look up after doing so and see Lana is already taking out her makeup kit.

"Now.. " she starts to apply what looks like foundation into the needed area's. "How the hell did you get this black eye?"

I see Nathan squirm a tiny bit.

"Well?" Lana is starting to get impatient. She has continued to quickly and expertly apply the makeup necessary to cover up his black eye.

"Nathan!" Lana is at the end of her rope.

"Ok..." he finally breaks his silence. "I went down to talk to Jack...." of course he did. That amazing and supportive son of a bitch.

"And why in Gods name did you do that?" Her tone is edgy.

"He did unimaginable things to Marina. I can tell the phycilogical damage it has done on Marina... like her mental breakdown a couple days ago at the hotel when I went to pick her up for coffee. I must have said something that triggered a memory and she lost it...."

It's true.

"We ended up arguing and getting physical. I sure kicked his ass and he is sitting in the police station at the moment, but he was able to get one good punch in." My eyes widen, and so do Lana's

"You turned him in?!" He nodded his head.

"He can get sentence and punished for what he deserves if Marina is willing to testify against him. With the accusations I left him with at the station, they will surely continue this case." I start to tear up at his kind and daring guesture. I can't help but walk over and hug him.

"Thank you so much..." Nathan hesitantly hugs me back. He probably got the ok from Lana first.

I feel Lana's hand rub my back. Helping me calm down a tiny bit.

"Lana? Are you in her.... there you are! And Nathan!" I stand up straight and look over at Imogene. Her happy face goes to a questioned look. Probably because of my tear stained face.

"Now how's the Million Dollar Man I love to call my son in law?" She walks past me and places her hands on Nathan's shoulders. Luckily, Lana finished putting makeup on him.

"Uh, I'm ok. How about you?" Nathan and Imogene start a conversation. I look over and see Lana standing there uncomfortable, like me. So I give her a silent signal to follow me.

We soon have left the room unseen.

We leave the door way and I take Lana's hand. It is so soft. I look up into her beautiful dark green eyes. I could stare into them all day.

Lana finally leans in and connects our wanting lips. I immediately place my hands on her cheeks while she firmly take hold of my hips.

She leans her head so I can dip my head and make the kiss more pleasureable. We don't think about the sound, it feels like this will be our last time being able to kiss, so we make the most of it.

It feels like minutes later we leave the others lips. Her are more red than usual. Mine surely are as well. We just stare into each other's eyes.

"Oh, my God...." I immedietly turn around while she looks up at a distraught looking Lana's father standing in the middle of the hall.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you so much for reading!! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!!!

Just a random piece. Who else is excited for season two of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to be released? I have been wishing for months. 😂😘

I hope you all have a wonderful day/night!! Thank you again for reading!!!

Love You!!
-R