Chapter 8

Sinful

Lana

Looking up at the ceiling, I'm slowly caressing her arm. Her steady breathing telling me she is sound asleep on my chest. Her legs are impossible tangled with my left leg.

I would give anything to stay like this.

But I can't. There is still my mother to consider. All hell would break loose as soon as she found out about Marina and I. I'm sure that daddy wouldn't be able to calm her down any.

"Lana Elizabeth Del Rey! You are perfectly stable! You have a wonderful husband and are financially stable. You have wonderful parents and you will have children. Why are you throwing all that away to pursue a Sinful relationship with a girl! Why are you going to throw all this away to live with almost nothing in a Sinful relationship like that!"

I close my eyes and. Take a deep breath to try and rid the tears collecting behind my eyes. I have always been a disappointment to mother. Unlike my brother, Charlie. He went away, became a lawyer and is completely loaded. He now is married and has my wonderful 6 year old niece.

My sister Chuck became a film producer and lives in the west coast. She isn't married and has a decent lifestyle. Mother seems satisfied with that.

Marina moves slightly and readjusts her position, her stomach now coming in contact with my hip. I can definantly tell she is pregnant.

I bring her even closer to me, like I am able to keep her and the baby safe forever. But I know that will never happen.

The world is a horrible place where violence and predjudice roam free. Our little girl will defiantly have a hard life., but I will make sure that we raise her right.

I readjust myself and cuddle with my sleeping Marina. Letting myself fall asleep in the comfort of her while I can.

***
One week later

"Lana...!" Marina lets out a desperate cry. "All my favourite tops you are obviously able to tell I am pregnant, and I've already worn all the others!" I watch her tear through her drawers trying to find something loose.

"You know you can where one of mine. I have plenty of Guns n' Roses shirts for your entire pregnancy." I slightly egsagerated how many I have. But lets be honest, I have at least 15.

"Will your mother recognize any of them?" I shake my head.

"I am pretty sure she's tried to block out my teenage years from her memory. So you should be fine, babe." She smiles at the pet name. I take that chance and stand up from the end of the bed to kiss her sweet lips. I can tell she is being shy at the moment. She pushes me playfully away with the palms of her hands in my chest.

"Can you please get them from Nathan's room?" I smile before pecking her lips one last time. I am quick to turn on my heels and leave.

"Lana!" I hear her yell, slightly embarrassed after me. I can't help but chuckle.

I enter Nathan's room and then his walk in closet. I take each shirt in its hanger and look it over one at a time, reminiscing of times when I wore these forever ago.

Finally having all my Guns n' Roses and other various band shirts I just so happen to own, I haul the thirty or so shirts across the haul to mine and Marina's room.

"Lana." I stand still in the middle of the hallway. I look over at Nathan, who has a confused look on his face. "Why do you have all your band shirts?" I readjust the pile in my arms. All of them together are fucking heavy, ok?

"Uuuummmm." I drag out the already overused word. "Why not?"

He isn't pleased with the answer.

"You are obviously aren't going to tell me right here. Go to where you were going and I'll follow you." I don't argue. I've put him through enough already.

"Yay!" I hear Marina yell in a more childish tone. I see her face fall slightly when she sees Nathan is following me.

I dump all the t-shirts on our bed and wipe my hands together to seem extra. I look over at Marina, who has a questioning look on her face. Then I look over towards Nathan, who has his thinking look all over his face.

Marina is in a pair of flared jeans and her navy blue bra. Which just so happens to be my favourite one. You can obviously tell it's starting to get small, her breast look like they could spill over.

I look down at her stomach, her baby bump clearly there with nothing covering it. She places her hands on her stomach in a protective way when she realizes that Nathan is looking at her.

"Lana.... what's going on?" I look over at Marina, as if asking for permission. She nods.

"We found out about a week ago that Marina is pregnant...." Nathan interrupts me before I finish my statement.

"Wait.. what!" He has a shocked look on his face now. Marina and I just nod.

"How far along..." Marina is quick to answer, pride evident in her voice.

"14 weeks.." Nathan looks over at me, then the shirts, then my shirtless Marina again.

"That actually makes sense..." Nathan readjust his position on his feet. He doesn't bother to explain himself, he just places a hand thoughtfully on his chin.

"Well, please put a shirt on now, Marina. Momma and Papa will be home soon." He nods towards the both of us before slowly walking back out.

I look over at Marina and see her bringing a Rebelution shirt over her head. It is about a size to big, but it fits her perfectly at the same time.

"This shirt looks a little newer than the others..." I walk up to Marina and take the hem of her shirt in between my fingers.

"Yeah... I bought this about 6 years ago. Count Me In is my favourite album by them." I don't think Marina took her eyes off me as I spoke. So I look up at her. Her big brown eyes full of contempt of me just standing there in front of her.

I slowly peck her wonderful lips. She is quick to return it. I leave her lips only after a few seconds.

"I love you."

"I love you to."
_________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading!!! I hope you enjoyed!! And if you did, please comment and vote!

This isn't much of an authors note, oh well.😂

Love You!!
-R