Chapter 27

Starlight

Lana

One week later, before signing

I walk around the kitchen, finding things to put together for Marina and I. Nathan is out on a date with Florence. They have really hit it off. Seeing each other every other day for the past week.

"Stars and love burn bright" I stop what I'm doing. The piano, along with Marina, start to sound throughout the house.

"Till they're ready to die." I set down the bread I was holding and peek out the door slightly.

"The broken spend their nights, Staring at the sky." She takes a breath before adjusting her fingers. Suddenly, she starts singing again, but with a completely different tone.

"You, oh, you had a sad urge, To be wanted by fools. Welcoming girls that would be, Snoopin', troopin' enveloping your family jewels." I smile when she sings that part. I love her sassiness in this song.

"Wake up little Suzie, It's bad news when you hear a guy cry. You spilled the beans in January, Timed it perfectly after your granny died." I have to ask her what her inspiration for this song was. The lyricism is beautiful.

"You said "I'm so lonely, Won't you hold me? I'm so lonely, come close baby hold me." I start to see how this could be inspired by Jack. Most of her stuff is. Also from her father as well. I pay attention to her lyrics. And have heard everything.

"Love is like Starlight, See it when a star dies. It continues to shine, But its only old light." By now I'm leaning against the doorframe. I let myself get lost in the song I've heard many times before.

"Star And love burn bright, till they're ready to die.The broken spend their nights, Staring at the sky." Marina repeats. A smile is plastered on my face. And nothing can take it off. I'm so proud at Marina for performing one of her songs, whether she realizes that I'm listening or not.

Marina finishes the song a few minutes later. She rests her hands on the keys for a second after she plays the final five notes. I can't help but clap.

Her head shoots over to me. A slight look of shock. She places her head on the piano, causing many random notes to play.

"I didn't realize you were standing there.." I have a smile stuck on my face while I walk over to her.

"That was amazing, babe." I lean done and kiss the back of her head. She looks up at me after I do.

"Really?" I nod my head with a loving smile.

"The live version sounds so much better that the studio version right now." She smiles before scratching her head.

"It would be nice to get them professionally produced..." I motion for Marina to move over in the bench for me. When we are both comfortably on the bench, I take her hand in mine.

"Luckily Nathan knows a guy.." Marina looks over at me with an unbelieving face.

"You would really do that for me?" I nod. Of course I would.

"Of course" I voice my thoughts, "I would do anything for you." I look over at the piano. My free hand plays a few single notes.

"I could teach you some chords if you'd like?" Marina positions her hands over a few notes.

"This is a basic C chord." She lightly presses down in the keys. The familiar sounding chord ringing through my ears. "Now you try"

I place my fingers a little higher on the keys and press down. A similar sounding note sounding.

"That's it! Just an octave higher.." I look over at Marina confused at her new term.

"And octave is just an eight note difference. Like this" she plays a C chord lower on the keyboard. It isn't hard to understand what an Octave was when she explained it.

"That makes sense." I position my hands to play a C chord where Marina did.

"That's middle C." I look at my pointer,

"This one?" I press down on the middle note.

"Yes. And on a piano, there are only 7 single notes. All of them are at different pitches across the keys" she plays multiple C notes down the keys.

"I'm following." I concentrate on all the information Marina is telling me. The visuals help definitely on trying to remember.

Marina suddenly stops. She places her hands in her lap and looks down.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bombard you with information.." I lean over and kiss her forehead.

"I loved it anyway." Marina leans her head against my shoulder. And we sit there, the silence of the house all we need in that moment.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed!

New chapter!! And at a pretty decent time to. Less than a week from the last one! I'll try and post the next chapter by next week, I'm still a little busy.

Love You!!!
-R