Simplify | Larina

Simplify

Lana

I bolt down the stairs. My hearts is pounding so hard. My legs and fingertips feel numb. But it is probably to late to change there minds.

Stopping in front of the front door, it feels like minutes I stand there, when it was probably a couple seconds. So I reach for the handle. I get my best smile ready to greet them, but it probably looks more nervous than anything.

"Surprise!" I look at my parents with a look of shock. I try to make it a happy shock, but it is probably a 'I am so screwed' shocked look.

"Mother! Daddy!..." they both give me hugs and kiss my cheek. They set there bags down after they close the front door.

"Dear, you changed your hair!" I take my long light brown hair inbetween my fingers.

"Yeah.. I needed a change." I give them a small, embarrest smile.

"Well," I start, "Do you need me to get your bags and show you to your room?" My mother looks up at me and gives me a weird look.

"Of course not. We know where to go babe. We've been here before." They quickly pick up there suitcases and head towards Marina's room. My heart continues to pound inside my chest.

I am to late to stop them to from entering the room. I sure hope Marina is in a presentable position. Mother opens the door.

"Uh.... and who is this pretty gal?" I see Marina blush at the comment draped compliment. So I step by them and into the room. I make sure I am standing next to Marina.

"This is Marina. I'm helping her out." I know to make it vague. My parents would probably do something that would hurt Marina instead of help in her situation.

I see her give Marina a sweet smile before she looks back at me.

"So.. where is Nathan?" I ignore that question as they continue to walk into Marina's room. They set there stuff down next to the bed. I feel Marina tense. She is to shy to say something, but she knows I'm not.

"Mother. This is Marina's room. Yours is down the hall." Mother looks up at me in shock. I have never corrected her before. So of course she is.

"What? But this is always the room we always stay in. Isn't it the nicest out of the four guest bedrooms you have?" I just shoot them a confident look so I can keep my socks on. Cause I am scared to death right now.

"That's why it's Marina's now. You get the next best thing down the hall." Mother just scoffs. I hate it when she does that.

"Well, now I know why the room is a mess." I look at Marina's facial expression. I knew that mother would say something to hurt her. My anger level rises at the thought of Marina hurt.

"Mother, please just go down the hall. I can't explain. So could you just trust me for once in your goddamn life?" I regret saying that the moment it comes out. I know how mother feels about anything indecency, but I quickly recover.

"That is not how you talk to your mother!" I know I have pissed her but I don't care. I am about to throw a retort back when daddy steps in.

"Imogene, I think we should just go to the other room. This room is already taken. You wouldn't kick Nathan and Lana out of there room would you?" I internally cringe at the implement that Nathan and I are still together.

Mother sighs a defeated sigh. Daddy is her weakness. So the pick up there bags and head out of the room.

I wait till they are out of the room and out of site to calm Marina down with a kiss.

"I am so sorry, babe." She just gives me a heart melting look of forgiveness. I pull her close. Marina understands me when my mother didn't. Daddy and I were really close till I went through my rebellious faze.

I never told him I liked girls. Granted, I never admitted it to myself. That's why I said earlier Marina was the first girl I have ever loved. When I reality, she was the first girl I have ever let myself love.

Maybe that's why sex with Nathan sucks, because I am a lesbian and just never knew it. Till now.

Marina and I let each other go after a few seconds. We don't want to get caught.

"We don't want to get caught, now do we?" She smiles her adorable smile. So I kiss her on the nose.

We leave the room and go in different directions. I go to my parents room while Marina I think goes to the kitchen.

"Mother...." I knock on the open door. They both look up at me. She looks like she was just ranting to daddy.

"Yes, dear?" I motion if I can enter. She nods her head yes. So I walk in a couple steps.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I completely spaced you were coming with everything going on this week..." mother roles her eyes, while daddy gives me an understanding look.

"Now. Where's Nathan?" I honestly have no idea. But I can't tell her that. But oh well.

"I don't know...." mother looks like I am the biggest mistake of her life right now.

"Lana, Lana, Lana, Lana.." she drags on. "Why don't you know?"

"He was gone when Marina and I got back from errands today." Mother now has the most annoying look on her face. The 'you are so stupid' look.

"Dear, you need to Simplify. Once you do, you will be able to submit to Nathan. You are his. Not independent." That must have been Jack's view on his and Marina's relationship. Well, fuck that failed vision.

"Ok. I will Simplify my life." I say. I will Simplify. But get rid all I don't need. Like unsupportive and descriminating mothers and unwanted husbands.

Don't worry mother, I will Simplify.

Then I leave the room and bolt down the stairs to my future wife.
_________________________________________________________________________________
(Note: I know Lana's parents aren't named that)

It here!! First chapter!!!

Simplify is one of my top three song by Marina. I felt it fit with where I wanted this story to continue towards.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed the very first chapter!! I'll be sure to post the second one soon.

Love You!!
-R