Rest

Me and Misha took the kids to the zoo and to the park. We finally got back home after a long day of laughter and fun. I really enjoyed myself and felt myself getting closer to the kids. Vicki picked the children up and me and Misha sat on the sofa.
"I had fun today." I said as i put my head on his shoulder.
"Me too, i want to thank you for making such an effort toward the kids."
"I love them, theyre amazing." You smiled as you remember their cute little laughs.
You both sat there in silence,happy thoughts filling your head, as you drifted into a deep sleep.
*ring ring*
You suddenly awoke to the sound of a phone ringing. You and Misha both looking for it frantically. It was your Dad.
"Hello?" You said, you're voice croaky from the nap you just took.
"Hey, im at the hospital and theres someone here who wants to see you." He said, happier than ever.
"Im on my way." You said, the biggest smile on your face.
Misha had fallen asleep again so you jumped on top of him as he groaned. "Y/N stoooopp." He moaned.
"We gotta go mish come on.
You pulled him off the sofa and he finally got up and you both set off to the hospital.
As i walked through the hallways my heartbeat was in sync with my footsteps. I was excited but scared, i had seen my mother in such a helpless state, could she still be the same? Misha saw my eyes wondering and gripped my hand tight and i sighed a breath of relief. Knowing he was by my side made everything easier.
I was finally at the door and i could see my dad through the window. Squeezing mishas hand one last time i walked in.
The woman sat in the bed was thin and tired. She was very tired. It was your mother but she was still ill.
"Hey" you whispered softly as you kneeled at her bed, taking her hand in yours.
"Hi." She whipered back smiling, trying to get up.
You pushed her back gently, "shh you need to rest."
"Im so sorry honey." She said as tears fell down her cheeks.
"For what mom?"
"For leaving you, for not replying- i heard every word you said. No matter what i did i just couldnt reply."
"Its nor your fault mom dont apologise. You're hear now, thats all that matters." You said as you held her hand a little longer. You sat there for a long time, until the nurse said she needed to rest. Kissing her on hee forehead you left, with your dad and misha. Your mom looked so helpless, it made youe heart break that there was nothing you could do to help.