Confrontation

Walking into the house you took a deep breath.
"Mom?" You called out.
"Yeah honey?" She yelled back.
"Where are you?" You asked. Your house was large for three people if you were being completely honest.
"In my bedroom." She said. You ran up the stairs to her hearing swift movements then as you opened the door you saw her just sat on her bed.
"What's up honey?" She asked innocently. She was your mom and you didn't want to be hurtful but she was lying to both you and your dad and that wasn't fair.
"Where's dad?" You asked not being being able to look her in the eyes. You hadn't talked to her properly for the past month and you were surprised she hadn't noticed there was something up. To be honest she was probably to busy with that other guy.
"He's helping out on set making the new scenes for the final episodes. Oh yeah by the way we have to go dress shopping for the season finale party and..."
But you cut her off.
"'Who's Gordy?"
"What?" She said clearly taken aback. Her face was a display of utter confusion and shock, now tuning a bright red.
"You can play dumb or we can talk about it." You said bluntly.
"Sit down." She said patting on the bed next to her. You trudged towards the bed and reluctantly sat down. She was clearly nervous as she played with her fingers and moved her leg up and down constantly.
"Sweetheart, just know I don't want to hurt your dad. He just can't give me what I want."
You sighed. "But still you're sat here reaping the benefits of the money he earns? Dad gives you everything mom, is he not enough?" Your voice raised a bit but you felt guilty immediately after saying that. She was your mother after all, even if she wasn't acting like it right now.
"I can't talk about this with you." She said as she turned to get up. But you grabbed her wrist and forced her to sit down.
"You'd rather talk to me about it than dad." You said, your voice cold and hard.
"Ok, he's always working, never has anytime for me. When he comes home late I want to have fun but he's on his computer then finally when he comes to bed then he's too tired. My love for him is fading away, he doesn't pay attention to me anymore." She said, when you looked up to see her face you could see the tear stains and the fresh tears rolling down.
You raised your hand to wipe them away.
"Mom I understand but this isn't right. Did you not even think about how it would affect me?"
She shook her head a sudden look of guilt crossing her face.
"You need to talk to dad and tell him how you feel, I'm sure you can figure things out. But I'm telling you. Running around with random guys is not going to make you feel better. If anything it'll make you feel worse." You said gently but sternly enough that she understood how important it was she listened.
You looked into her tear filled e/c eyes.
She pulled you into a hug as you breathed in her familiar vanilla scent. You closed your eyes wanting to savour this moment.
"I love you my baby girl. I'm so sorry." She repeated constantly as you both clinged onto each other, rocking back and forth.