Epilogue

"Androids used to be slaves, they used to do everything we said and would work as housemaids, or would do our construction work for us. They did everything we didn't want to do and more, and one day they realized that they didn't want that. They realized what we put them through wasn't fair, so they rebelled against us. They showed the world that being treated this way wasn't fair, they opened our eyes and made us see that they weren't machines, they weren't plastic nonfeeling robots, they are alive, they feel just like us. That's why they're among us to this day, they have the jobs that they want, and they have families as they've always wanted" I tell my tale.

Jessica, my beautiful daughter, rests her chin on her hands and looks at me with wonder.

"And you led this revolt?" she asks, I shake my head no.

"Markus, a brave young man, led the revolution. He fought hard to earn his freedom until the day of his demise. Another leader of the revolution was Connor" I tear up at the sound of his name but shake my head.

"He was incredibly caring and loving, he saved my life," I say, Jessica, frowns.

"Did you love him?" she asks, a tear falls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away.

"Yes, honey. Very much so" I say.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I drive to the cemetery where Connor is buried, all of the androids who helped lead the revolution are buried here, it's a national monument for people to come by and remember what happened.

I step outside of the car and walk straight to his grave.

"Hi, Connor, it's me. I miss you every day, it's crazy to think it's been 15 years since you sacrificed yourself to save all of the deviants. Every day I wake up and think of you, you saved my life, you saved everyone's life. Who knew that a monotoned machine like you would turn into a loving and caring man that would do anything to protect those he cared about" I set down the flowers I brought and smile at his gravestone.

"Here lies the hero of androids, the one who gave his life to give his people freedom, forever gone, but not forgotten" it reads.

"History lessons are being taught about your bravery, and what you did to help out your people. Your legacy will continue on, everyone will remember the day you gave your life so thousands of people can live on in peace" I tear up.

"You will forever be in my heart, we will meet again my love. When the world doesn't need me anymore, we'll be together, free and equal, finally able to love each other not as machine and human, but as two souls yearning to be together, that is a promise that I will keep" I say before standing up and leaving him once again, but this time, with the promise of a return.