Chapter 17 - Reunited

I follow the runaway deviants into the safe house that Markus chose, a huge church that houses all of them, I would say there are at least 200, maybe 300 deviants that survived the attack.

I walk inside and shake off the snow from my jacket, everyone either glares at me or backs away in fear.

I ignore all of them and walk around trying to find Connor, I find him standing in a corner by himself moping, I walk over to him just as his eyes look up at me.

"Nat" he breathes out, I run over to him and he picks me up in his arms and spins me around, "I told you I would make it" I whisper in his ear.

He sets me down and then does the unthinkable, he grabs my chin and kisses me with so much passion I think I might faint.

I hold onto him like my life depends on it as I kiss him back, he wraps my legs around his waist and then presses me against the wall behind him, thank god we're somewhat secluded.

He pulls away for air and stares lovingly into my eyes, "I... I was so afraid that you wouldn't make it back to me, I was afraid of losing you" he says, I run my thumb over his cheek and smile at him.

"I would never leave you, for as long as you'll have me, I'm yours, Connor, I love you," I say.

I see tears prick his eyes as he smiles, "I love you, Natasha. With all of my heart, I love you" he says and kisses me again.

"Oh uh" I hear someone from behind us say, I pull away from Connor and see Markus standing there awkwardly with his lady friend.

Connor sets me down and I fix my clothes while they stare at us.

"There are some rooms in the back if you-" Markus says but I shake my head.

"No, we're fine, we were just uh-" I stop as I realize I'm making this more awkward than I thought.

Markus clears his throat and glances at the woman next to him, "North and I just wanted to thank you, if you hadn't of set off those bombs, we would all be dead" he says.

North nods as well and offers me a kind smile.

"I'm glad I could help," I say, I glance at Connor and see him frowning.

"It's my fault the humans managed to locate Jericho, I was stupid and blind, I should have guessed they were using me," he says.

"You can't blame yourself, Connor. We were all programmed to obey, you were doing what you thought was right. None of us here can blame you for that" North says, Connor shakes his head.

"I still can't forgive myself, I'm sorry I let you down," he says, he steps forward and looks at the rest of the androids.

"I let my people down," he says softly.

"I understand if you decide not to trust me," he says, Markus smiles and offers Connor his hand.

"You're one of us now, you helped these people escape, I have no reason not to trust you," he says, Connor places his hand into Markus' and they shake.

"Your place is with your people, and the ones you care about," Markus says, Connor looks at me with a smile.

Markus pulls away and starts to walk somewhere with North, but Connor suddenly speaks up.

"There are thousands of androids at the CyberLife assembly plant. If we could wake them up, they might join us and shift the balance of power" he suggests, Markus looks at him like he's crazy, which he is.

"You wanna infiltrate the Cyberlife Tower?" he asks.

"Connor, that's suicide," I say and put my hand on his shoulder.

"They trust me, they'll let me in. If anyone has a chance of infiltrating Cyberlife, it's me" he says.

"If you go in there, they will kill you!" Markus points out.

"Not if I go too, they'll expect we're working on the case and gladly let us in, they won't suspect a thing," I say and walk up next to Connor, he looks down at me and grabs my hand and smiles.

Markus walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder, "Be careful" he nods at both of us.

Markus walks away hand in hand with North as I turn back to look at Connor.

"You ready?" I ask, "Just one more thing," he says.

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into him as he presses his lips to mine, I sigh into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck.

He pulls away and kisses my lips once more before pulling out of my grasp, "Alright, now I'm ready" he says, he reaches out and grabs my hand before we run out of the safe house and towards the Cyberlife tower.