Chapter 4 - Agitate

I walk into the station way later than I'm supposed to come in but they're expecting it, I haven't made it into work on time in a couple of months, I just don't sleep well at night so when I finally do fall asleep I wake up later in the day.

I walk up to my desk and see that plastic asshole standing there waiting on me, he offers me a smile which I ignore, "It's good to see you again, Lieutenant" he says warmly.

"Jesus Christ" I mutter.

"Natasha! In my office!" I hear Fowler, my boss yell.

I sigh and walk into his office, with that asshole following behind me, Connor closes the door behind me as I sit down in front of Fowler's desk.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids on my desk every day. We've always had isolated incidents, old ladies losing their android maids and that kind of crap... But now, we're getting reports of assaults and even homicides like that guy last night." Fowler says before turning his attention toward me.

"This isn't just CyberLife's problem anymore, it's now a criminal investigation and we've gotta deal with it before the shit hits the fan," he says, I sit back in my seat and glance at Connor before turning back to Fowler.

"I want you to investigate these cases and see if there's any link, this android is going to assist you during this investigation since he's directly from Cyberlife. If anyone can find intel on these assaults, this thing can" he says.

"Why me? Why do I gotta be the one to deal with this shit?" I ask and throw my hands up in the air, "I am the least qualified cop in the country to handle this case" I remind him.

"I know jack shit about androids, Jeffrey! You're going to put me on this case when there are clearly tons of more qualified assholes out there to do it!" I yell.

"Everybody's overloaded. I think you're perfectly qualified for this type of investigation" he says while raising his voice.

I stand up and slam my hands on his desk "Bullshit! The truth is nobody wants to investigate these fuckin' androids and you left me holding the bag!" I yell.

"This thing is going to be your partner, and you're just gonna have to deal with it," he says calmly.

"No fucking way! I don't need a partner, and certainly not this plastic prick!" I yell and jab a finger at Connor.

"Natasha you are seriously starting to piss me off! You are a police lieutenant, you are supposed to do what I say and shut your goddamn mouth!" Jeffrey yells.

"You know what my goddamn mouth has to say to you, huh?" I ask with a scoff, "Ok, ok. I'll pretend like I didn't hear that, so I don't have to add any more pages to your disciplinary folder cause it already looks like a fuckin' novel! This conversation is over!" Jeffrey yells and points to the door.

"But-" I start, "No! I've just about had enough of your bitching. Either you do your job or you hand in your badge. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got work to do" Jeffrey says, he returns his attention back to his computer and ignores me.

I stand up straight and look back at Connor, he stares at me blankly, I let out a huff before leaving Jeffrey's office and sitting down at my desk.

I cover my arms over my chest and let out another sigh, Connor comes over a minute later and I roll my eyes.

"I apologize for last night, I realize I overstepped my bounds and I didn't mean to make you so upset, it was only in my best intention to get to know you better and I know now that the best way to have done that was to have just asked, I hope you can accept my apology" he says, I left my arms fall as I look over at him.