Chapter 89

FP called Gladys and set up a meeting for her, Jellybean and Alice that night at Pop's. Around seven Jellybean was on her room with Betty who helped her pick some clothes and Alice was in the kitchen with FP waiting for the little princess to come downstairs. "You sure you don't want to come?" Alice asked though she wasn't keenon FP going with them. One wrong move from Gladys and it would anger him more than anything. Alice wasn't sure how to put everything together either.

"And be tempted by all that food there, please." FP joked a little and Alice walked over tto him. 

"If it makes you feel any better I'll have just a coffee." Alice smiled trying to lighten up the mood.

"You don't have to babe." FP wrapped an arm around Alice's waist and put her onto his lap. lice sat carefully not wanting to hurt FP. "I think I can deal with you eating Pop's." 

"We are in this together FP." Alice smiled at him talking about his wound. "We are in everything together."

"Let me drive you two over there though. Then you'll text me when you're done and I'll come to ge you." FP said and the smile across Alice's face faded.

"You know you can't drive for a while." Alice didn't want now when everything was getting better to get worse again. FP rolled his eyes.

"Come on Alice." FP said and Alice stood up.

"No FP." Alice stated firmly.

"I'm injured not dead." FP rolled his eyes again before Alice shoot him a glare.

"By the way you're acting it looks to me that you don't care about dying." Alice said lowering her voice as she heard steps coming from upstairs. FP regreted immediately that he pushed Alice over this driving thing. He knew Alice's fear was to lose and FP saw the look on her eyes before when she thought she did. He couldn't stand the thought of Alice suffering over his death.

"I'm ready." She said quietly and smiled a little.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to princess." FP stood up and walked over to his daughter fighting the instinct of picking her up.

"It's ok." Jellybean smiled at both of them as Alice walked over to her and took Jellybean's liitle hand in hers avoiding eye contact with FP. Even though they didn't yell the conversation they had was intense.

"Then let's go." Alice said and she went outside with Jellybean over to the car. "Say bye to daddy."  

"Bye daddy, love you." Jellybean waved at her father before getting into the car.

"Bye honey, I love you both." FP said and closed the door after Alice drove away. He caught a glimpse of a little smile from Alice before they left.

After a couple of minutes of driving in silence Jellybean looked at Alice. "You won't leave me, right?" Jellybean asked with big eyes and Alice couldn't help but feel really sorry for her. Jellybean was afraid of being left alone with the mother that abused her for so long. 

"I promise you Jells, I'll be by your side the whole time." Alice smiled at Jellybean and squeezed her hand gently assuring the little girl that she was gonna protect her no matter what. 

"Thank you mommy." Jellybean smiled at Alice one more time before she looked through the window and saw they weren't far from Pop's. Alice didn't have much time to think about what Gladys would and if she would say something about the fact that Jellybean was calling Alice 'mommy'.

When Alice entered the diner with Jellybean Gladys stood up fromthe booth she was sitting. The girls walked over to her. "Hi baby!" Gladys said to Jellybean completely ignoring Alice. Gladys got closer to Jellybean with her arms opened and Jellybean stepped back behind Alice.

"Mommy." The fear was obvious on Jellybean's voice. At first Gladys looked confused when she heard the word 'mommy' then she knew who was Jellybean talking about. 

"Let's sit." Gladys said and sat back down. Jellybean and Alice were right in front of her and Alice felt Jellybean squeezing her hand under the table. Alice fought the urge of getting upand leaving with Jellybean. Alice couldn't believe what Gladys was able to put on her daughter. "So how are you little one? How's school?"

"Good." Jellybean answered for the first time looking into her mother's eyes, but just for a couple of seconds. Alice could say Jellybean wasn't sure how to start everything or how to have a casual conversation with her mother.

"So Gladys..." Alice said and gained Gladys's attention finally. "Where are you staying here in Riverdale? I know for a fact that not at the trailer."Alice thought about Charles then she remembered of Vanessa. Alice didn't hear so much about her lately so she made a plan of asking Charles about her later.

"I'm so happy you're concerned about me Alice." Glayds said and Alice heard how sassy she was. For Alice didn't seem anymore like Gladys has changed, but then she thought that maybe she was paranoid. "I'm staying at a hotel."

"How the hell-"

"Mommy." Jellybean looked up at Alice warning her about the 'hell' thing. 

"Sorry sweetheart." Alice smiled a little at Jellybean before looking back at Gladys. "How are you affording a hotel room?"

" I got a job Sheriff Smith." Gladys said and smiled a little internally slapping herself for the fact that she couldn't stop from actually being herself in front of Alice. "Sorry. I got a job, that's it."

"Ok." Alice didn't know if she should believe, but Gladys was innocent until proven guitly. "Let's order."