Chapter 5

FP helped Alice out of the hospital to his truck. He loved the idea of spending more time with her, but wasn't that sure she did.

The kids sat in the backseats talking to each other. FP started the truck. Every once in a while he'd look at Alice to see if she was ok. Alice was feeling his eyes on her so she turned and looked at him. A tear escaped her eyes because of the reminder that he wasn't her's anymore. "Alice, are you ok?" FP looked at her worried.

"Yes." Alice said simple.

"You can lie to everyone else, but I will always know when you're telling the truth or not. So what's wrong?" FP placed a hand on her knee, but Alice jerked it off. It wasn't that she didn't wanted him to comfort her, Alice wanted that more than anything, but she also wanted more.

"Just memories." Alice smiled sadly and looked through her window.

Not long later they arrived at Alice's house and FP helped her sit on the couch. She didn't needed so much help, but he wouldn't have it any other way. The kids went in the kitchen to make something to eat and FP stayed with Alice in the living room. "Why did you came?" Alice asked him.

"Where?" FP didn't got it at first.

"At the hospital." Alice said slowly.

"Alice, I still care about you, I still-" FP was about to tell her about his feelings, but Betty and Jughead entered the living room. FP thought it was for the best he didn't, not just yet. After everything that happened in her life Alice didn't needed another issue.

"The food is ready." Betty said entering the room holding hands with Jughead.

"I should go home then." FP said and got up.

"No! Stay." Alice reacted fast, maybe a little too fast. No one noticed besides FP.

"Ok." FP agreed and Alice was happy he did. After they ate FP and Jughead headed home and Betty let Alice to rest in her room, but just until they heard a knock on the door. Alice went downstairs and saw Betty talking to Sheriff Keller.

"Alice, I need you or Betty to come to the station and identify Hal. I'm sorry to put you through this, but is the procedure." Tom was telling the truth.

"I'll come." Alice said taking her jacket and easily putting it on because of the wound.

"Mom, I can-"

"I don't wanna hear it Elizabeth, I'm going." Alice kissed her daughter's cheek and exited the house.

"I'm sorry for what happened Alice, I truly am." Tom said placing a hand on her back.

"I know." Alice smiled sadly. On the way there Tom saw that Alice was nervous so he texted the only person he knew still cared about her.

When they arrived at the station FP was already there. Alice gave Tom a questioning look before getting out pf the car. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you might want someone by your side." FP smiled nervously. Alice nodded her head and they entered the station. Tom pointed to a door on the right side.

"You can go first, I have something to do here. I'll be there in a minute." Tom said and FP went with Alice at the door. When FP opened it Alice took his hand, she needed his support.

Hal jumped off the bed he was sitting on when the door opened. He looked shock to see Alice there, especially with FP. "How the hell are you here?" He asked just anger on his voice. "Shouldn't you be dead?"

"Watch it!" FP warned Hal. He wasn't allowing anyone to talk with Alice that way.

"Still with this Southside scum aren't you?" Hal ignored FP's warning.

"Why did you do all of these?" Alice asked holding back her tears. She wasn't feeling like that because she loved Hal, she was feeling like that because she hated herself for letting Betty live in the same house with a serial killer, for letting him torture her.

"Because they were sinners, because you are a sinner. You're still married with me, but you're fooling around with this one, you abandon-"

"Shut up!" FP yelled at Hal before going outside, they almost ran into Tom and just then Alice realized the tears on her face.

"It's him, definitely him." Alice loosing herself completely. FP pulled her into a hug and Alice buried her head into his chest. When her crying finally stopped Alice looked up at FP. "Please, take me out of here."

"Do you wanna go home?" FP asked gently pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Alice shook her head. "Is the trailer ok?" Alice nodded and FP led her to his truck and drove to his trailer.