Chapter 45

Alice made some toast for herself in the kitchen with Jellybean's company while FP put on his uniform. "Guess I gotta go!" FP said as he got into the kitchen. He picked Jellybean up and placed a kiss on the top of her head. "Bye princess." FP put Jellybean down back in her seat. He looked at Alice as she took a bite from her toast. "Bye Alice!" He smiled at her and Alice waved at him.

FP went outside and got on the car. He drove to Pop's and was quite happy to see just a few customers inside and all of them taken care off. "Hi dad!" Charles said when he saw his father. "I started to think you wouldn't show up at all today." Charles laughed.

"Alice had to wake up at some point." FP smiled at his son.

"So, how is it gonna be? What's happening next?" Charles asked getting all serious.

"Well Alice and Jellybean are going to school today because JB will move here in Riverdale. I'll meet Sierra after work and talk with her about the divorce and then Alice, JB and I are going for a walk and some ice cream. Wanna come?" FP practically resumed the day.

"Looks like you have everything planned." Charles chuckled. "I'd love to come, but I got a date tonight." Charles smiled himself seeing the smile that appeared on his father's face. "Come on, it's not like it's my first date. Though I'm a lot more nervous." Charles admited and FP gestured for him to sit down. 

"That's good son." FP smiled. "When I was on my first date I wasn't as nervous as I was on my first date with your mom." FP chuckled remembering that night.

"Why?" Charles curiously asked. 

"Because she was different than any other girl. She wasn't pretending to be someone else just to impress me. Alice was wild, thoughtful, beautiful, funny, naughty, strong, incredibly strong. In one word amazing. And she still is." FP knew he got deviant. "Long story short is good and if you really like her don't let her go."

"I won't dad." Charles smiled.

Alice waited for Jellybean to change her clothes. When the girl came into the living room Alice got up from the couch and took her car keys. "Let's show you the school." Alice smiled and Jellybean took her hand. They got into the car and Alice drove to the school.

She got permission to show Jellybean around. Jellybean loved the music room and spent almost an hour there looking at the instruments. "So you like it here?" Alice asked and Jellybean turned to look at her.

"I love it." Jellybean smiled.

"Then I'll go get the papers and after your father signs them you're officially a student here." Alice told Jellybean and went to get the papers. The girls didn't go directly home. They stopped by at Sierra.

"Alice, Jellybean!" Sierra said surprised when she opened the door.

"Hi Ms. Keller." Jellybean went inside and sat down on the couch without waiting for any word to come from Sierra.

"Well hi to you too." Sierra laughed. "Alice, not that I'm complaining, but what are you two doing here? And where is Gladys?" Sierra asked and Alice sighed at the mention of Gladys.

"I was wondering if you can stop by at my house around five."

"Sure, why?" Sierra closed the door behind Alice and both of them went into the kitchen to talk.

"FP is getting a divorce and wanted to know if you can and want to be his lawyer if Alice won't sign the papers." Alice said as she took a seat. She saw a confused look on Sierra's face.

"Why wouldn't she?" Sierra asked.

"Because FP wants full custody on the children." Alice said and Sierra raised an eyebrow. "It's a long story and FP will explain it to you. If you can come, of course."

"Sure, I'll be there." Sierra said and Alice gave her smiled. Both of them caught up with each other for a while until Jellybean got bored with Josie's old toys.

"Alice." Jellybean said as they were on the car heading back home.

"Yes Jells." Alice looked at Jellybean than back at the road.

"If mom will leave and I won't see her again, can you promise me you won't leave me and daddy and Juggie?" Jellybean asked quietly and Alice couldn't help, but feel really sad for the little girl. At such a young age she was supposed to get through abuse and her parents' divorce.

"I will never leave any of you, I promise Jells." Alice assured her and for Jellybean was enough. "Your dad will be home soon after we arrive. After he talks with Sierra we're going to have that ice cream, remember?" Alice asked trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yay, I forgot about it." Jellybean clapped her hands. "What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" Jellybean asked Alice after a while.

"Vanilla."

"No way, that's mine too! Daddy's is chocolate, you know?" Jellybean asked than Alice remembered.

"Jellybean, tomorrow isn't November first?" Alice asked and Jellybean nodded.

"Daddy's birthday!" Jellybean looked with wide eyes at Alice.

"Guess who's throwing a surprise party tomorrow?" Alice asked smiling.

"Oh we are!"