Chapter 9

"You're doing what mom?" Betty asked stunned by what she heard.

"I'm coming to the party, is there a problem?" Alice crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"No, it's just...I never thought you were into the Serpents."

"You have no idea." Alice said under her breath and smirked. "Go make your homework and get ready for the party sweetie." Alice headed herself to the bedroom. She looked into her closet for some time until she decided on a black leather dress, boots and a simple black jacket. She would've taken her Serpent jacket, but she felt like it was too soon. Alice didn't stopped on the Southside since highschool so probably some of the Serpents kinda had a problem with that. "You ready honey?" Alice called for her daughter looking at the clock. It was seven and Alice didn't realized when the time passed.

"Yes, I'm...shocked." Betty said entering Alice's bedroom. "Mom you look, wow." Betty took her mother's hand and turned her around.

"Well thank you Betty. Now let's go!" Alice looked at her daughter too. She was wearing one of her usual skirt and shirt, but she had on one of Alice's read lipstick and high heels. 

They got in Alice's car and drove there. On the way they made small talk about one another. When they entered all eyes were on them. Especially because it was Alice's first appearance there after two decades. "Queenie, long time no see." Alice heard Hog Eye saying from the bar. She loved that nickname he had for her and she was happy he remembered. In the meantime Betty disappeared with Jughead somewhere.

"Missed me Hog Eye?" Alice smiled taking a seat in front of the counter.

"Not more than the King." Hog Eye answered. He liked what was between Alice and FP back then and he was like a father to FP considering what happened to his parents. Hog Eye always was there to listen to FP talking about his blonde angel.

"Did he told you?" Alice asked curious about the subject.

"Oh yes. Everytime he comes here he's talking about you." Hog Eye placed a glass of tequila in front of Alice knowing it was her favourite.

"That's not true." FP said from behind Alice before he took a seat next to her.

"Hey bad boy." Alice smiled at FP ear to ear.

"Am I missing something?" Hog Eye stopped from pouring drinks and looked at them both.

"Maybe." FP smirked still not taking his eyes off Alice.

"So you two are back together?" Hog Eye smiled.

"Yes, but you can't tell anyone, not yet Hog Eye." Alice became serious.

"You have my word Queenie. I always knew you to would end up together."

"How?" FP asked finally looking at him.

"Finally you got some time for me too, huh?" Hog Eye said making Alice laugh, letting out a chuckle himself. "I just knew. You are perfect for each other.

"I know." FP tried to wrap his arm around Alice's waist, but she didn't let him. 

"The kids." Alice pointed at Betty and Jughead somewhere not far from the.

"Perfect, so I get to see you, but not touch you." FP pouted and Alice laughed at him.

"From what I remember the King's room is right there." Alice pointed at some stairs that take upstairs.

"I love the way you think." FP said and led Alice to the room, but without holding her hand how he actually wanted. After they entered FP locked the door behind himand Alice gave him a questioning look. "A little privacy is no harm." FP took a seat on the couch next to Alice. The room wasn't very big, but it was specious enough for a couch, two armchairs and a desk. Alice placed her head on FP's shoulder as his arm fell upon her shoulders. They stayed like that for a while, just enjoying each other.

"I missed this." Alice smiled thinking about all the times they got up here just talking and laughing.

"Me too." FP kissed the top of her head and after Alice lifted her head up. She looked deep into his eyes and without hesitation she crushed their lips together. The kiss got heated, Alice was on FP's lap and her hands were running through his hair. But it didn't last so long because they heard a knock on the door. Alice backed from the kiss, but not from FP's lap. "Who's there?"

"Me and Betty dad, please open up." Jughead said from the other side of the door.

"Such a mood killer huh?" Alice joked and got up from his lap. FP went to the door to open it, but Alice gripped his arm. "I like your lipstick Jonesy." Alice laughed wiping the lipstick off his face and running her fingers through his hair to make it look normal. FP opened the door and the kids entered in.

"Here you are mom. I've been looking everywhere for you." Betty said getting closer to Alice. Jughead looked a little shocked at Alice. "What?"

"It's just, usually my dad is not letting other people up here." Jughead looked now at his father.

"I was just a little dizzy so FP let me stay here a little." Alice shrugged her shoulders.

"A little? I haven't seen you in an hour mom." Betty scolded her and FP laughed. "What?" Betty and Alice asked at the same time.

"Nothing. You're just like your mom Betty." FP looked at the blonde girls on the couch.

"We should go Betty. It's ten and you have school tomorrow." Alice didn't wanted to leave just yet, but Betty needed rest. She tried to fight her mother, but it didn't work. 

"Let me show you out." Jughead said leading the way hand in hand with Betty. Alice waited until they left the room before she kissed FP one more time.

"Bye FP." Alice smiled as she walked to the door.

"Bye baby." FP said as he looked Alice exiting the Wyrm. Her smile didn't faded since she heard FP calling her 'baby'. She saw Jughead and Betty kissing good night then they entered the car. Alice waved Jughead and she headed home. 

"You seem happy mom." Betty stated.

"I am Betty." After all that happened Alice really felt happy, really felt that her life could finally be right.