Chapter 27

"I shall go." Alice told Hermione after a while. "I hope you won't get in trouble with Hiram over this."

"I won't. I have to admit that I'm too scared to get in his office and he knows it." Hermione said.

"He won't suspect Veronica, right?" Alice asked concerned.

"I don't think so. She's careful when it comes to this and as far as Hiram is concerned he still thinks Veronica sees him as the good guy."

"Perfect, then I'll get right to it." Alice said opening the door.

"I hope he'll understand that his illegal businesses won't work for a long time."

"Me too Hermione." Alice said. "Bye, take care of yourself."

"You too Alice."

Alice went straight to the Register to start the article and hopefully finish it as soon as possible because the next newspaper should be out the next day. After a few hours at her computer Alice finished it. She printed the papers and all the work was done until night. She drove back home where Jughead, Charles and FP were on the couch watching a football game. Actually FP and Charles were watching, Jughead was making fun of the players. "It was a long talk with Hermione, huh?" FP asked when Alice sat in his lap on the couch.

"Actually I wrote the article." Alice said and FP sighed. "What?"

"I hoped she'd make you change your mind." FP was really worried about that damn article.

"Come on FP." Alice threw her hands in the air.

"I'm worried, I don't want to lose you because Hiram is getting mad or something." FP said and got Jughead's attention.

"What did Hiram do this time?" He asked shouting the TV off.

"I was watching that." Charles said opening it again. FP gestured to the kitchen and Jughead followed him and Alice there.

"So what happened?" Jughead asked.

"Hiram wants to make a drug lab at the Whyte Wyrm." FP said and saw Jughead getting angry. "But Alice wrote an exposé about that and I assume it will be tomorrow on the paper, right?"

"Yes, it will be."

"Perfect Alice." Jughead said smiling.

"What? You can't be serious." FP said in exasperation.

"Why? Hiram is a terrible person, he deserves it for all the people he's hurt."

"Fine, but think about it my way. Hiram killed peopl-"

"He did what?" Alice asked worried this time. .

"He killed two Serpents because they didn't want to do something for them." Jughead answered for his father.

"Do you see why I don't want you to write it? Please Alice." FP said taking Alice's hands in his.

"I'm sorry. If I don't write it Veronica will and I won't have her hurt for that. I made my decision FP." Alice said breaking apart from FP. "Good night."

"She's mad." Jughead stated.

"Thank you son, I didn't know." FP said scratching the back of his neck.

Alice went into the bedroom. She changed her clothes and laid onto the bed. Alice stayed alone for a while until the door opened and it revealed FP. She wasn't mad at him. She was just feeling that she has to do this and she would've loved some support because it's not easy going against Hiram Lodge. "FP if you're here to-"

"No, I'm here because I want to be with you. If you really want to go forward with it it's ok I won't stop you." FP said and Alice nodded. He didn't move from the door and she smiled. "What?"

"Am I that scary that you're afraid to come in bed with me?" Alice asked and FP sat on bed next to her.

"No, I wasn't sure if you wanted me here. You seemed pretty mad." FP said and Alice kissed him softly.

"I'll always want you with me baby." Alice said and FP laid down next to her.

"I love you."

"I love you too." With that said they drifted off to sleep.

They woke up the next day by Charles knocking on their door. "What happened?" FP yawned.

"A man downstairs wants to see mom. I think is that Hiram you talked about." Charles said and FP woke up immediately.

"Perfect." Alice said opening her eyes. "Let's see if he loved my article." Alice said putting on her robe. FP took her hand and they went downstairs. Hiram was already on their living room and they could see how angry he was. "Morning Hiram, what an unpleasant surprise." Alice said and Hiram got even angrier. FP stepped in front of Alice when he saw Hiram turning around.

"I don't know how the hell you got that informations, but you're going to write an article about this one being a total lie." Hiram said between his teeth.

"Yeah, I don't think so." Alice said relaxed.

"You Serpent Slut, you-" Hiram didn't get to finish his sentence because FP's fist hit his face.

"Call her like that again and I swear to God your head will be where your feet are." FP said closing and opening his fist. He hit Hiram with a his strength. Charles smiled at how his father protected his mother.

"You're going to pay for this Smith." Hiram said and left without anything else.

"FP are you ok?" Alice asked taking his hand. His knuckles were red and with a bit of blood from Hiram's face.

"You should've seen the other." FP said and Charles laughed.

"Let's put some ice on this."