Chapter 2

Hermione arrived in a few minutes. Alice's mother thanked her for coming so fast and Hermione went to Alice's bedroom. She knocked on the door. "Go away mother." Alice yelled and Hermione entered. "I said- oh, Hermione."

"Alice, what's wrong? What happened?" Hermione asked seeing the tears on Alice's eyes, the pain on them.

"FP, he-he broke up with me." Alice said bursting once again into crying. Hermione held her friend on her arms.

"Why?"

"He said it wasn't meant to last, he said he doesn't lo-love me." Alice was sobbing. Hermione couldn't believe it, she saw FP and Alice and if she was sure of one thing it was their love for each other.

"You'll work it out." Hermione tried to calm Alice down.

"No, we won't. I saw it in his eyes. He doesn't want to have anything to do with me...And if this is what he wants he'll get it." In spite the pain on her chest Alice got up and wiped her tears.

"Alice don't. What about the baby? Have you told him?" Hermione asked on a low voice so Alice's parents won't hear.

"No and I won't. I will deal with him somehow." Alice placed a hand on her stomach. She assured Hermione that she will be fine. After her friend left Alice thought a little more and decided she should talk with FP one more time and is he has his mind the same she'll drop it once and for all.

So the next day she waited for him at school on lunch break. Alice wanted to approach him, but when she saw a brunette kissing him right on the lips Alice rushed to the bathroom.

FP didn't wanted to do that to Alice. He didn't wanted to use Gladys to push Alice away either, but he had to. So he started that relationship a day after his heart breaking separation with Alice.

Months later FP and Alice's baby was born. Alice didn't told FP about him. The only one who knew was her perfect boyfriend, the Northside prince, Hal Cooper. The one who also forced her to give the baby up for adoption.

~ ~ ~

Years passed by. FP and Alice moved on with their lives, though neither of them forgot about the other. Alice raised two beautiful daughters with Hal, Polly and Betty. Polly went off to college with her boyfriend Jason. Betty was still in highschool. FP had a son and a daughter too, but Gladys left with Jellybean and let FP and Jughead alone. FP tried his best to be a good father too him.

Alice and FP didn't had a lot of meetings through the years, but each one of them left there hundreds of questions and unsaid wishes.

Everything got more complicated when their kids started dating and Betty came one night home telling Alice that she invited Jughead and FP over for dinner. Neither Alice or Hal liked the idea. Hal because he never liked FP, especially because deep down he knew his wife still got something for him and Alice because it was still hard for her to see him, especially talk to him.

FP wasn't a fan about this either. He liked the fact that his son got a girl to love and loved him back, but did this girl had to be the love of his life daughter FP didn't knew.

When the time for dinner came FP and Jughead arrived at the Cooper house. "Hi, Betty. Is nice to meet you Mrs and Mr Cooper." Jughead said and he kissed his girlfriend on the cheek and shook her parents hands.

"Hal, Alice." FP said he looked at Alice and saw that Northside facade. He knew the real Alice wasn't that Alice, but he also wondered. Was the real Alice still there?

"FP." Alice said not looking him in the eyes as Hal shook his hand. They sat and the table and started talking. There was an awkward tension between the three adults, but the kids didn't sensed it. They were in their Sophomore year and considering they didn't got the chance to go at the dance on their first highschool year and they went just in the second, they didn't got so much to tell about it. Betty knew what her mother said about the dance, that she never went, but what Betty didn't knew was that Alice lied.

"Mr Jones, how was your first dance at highschool?" Betty asked all of a sudden.

"Perfect." FP said. "I was with the most beautiful, amazing and loving woman I met in my entire life." FP was already lost in thoughts, he didn't saw the change of looks between Alice and Hal, the anger in Hal's eyes. "We danced all night and I remember that it was the night when I first told her I loved her."

Alice couldn't believe FP did that to her. She couldn't believe he'd talk like that about her and that he remembered that night. She thought he wanted to cut all their connections when they broke up that night, but now it didn't seem like.