Chapter 37

FP talked to Alice and decided to go together with Jellybean for breakfast around nine. The girl woke up around eight and a half, FP didn't want to wake her up. "What do we have for breakfast daddy?" Jellybean yawned.

"I was thinking maybe we can go to Pop's and have breakfast with Alice. You remember her right?" FP asked hoping she'd agree and they would leave before Gladys will wake up.

"Yes, she is nice." Jellybean smiled. She went to change her clothes and FP waited for her in the living room.

~ ~ ~

"Where you going mom?" Betty asked from the kitchen. She was at the table eating some cereals.

"To Pop's for breakfast. I promised FP I would help him with something about Jellybean." Alice said as she took her jacket. It wasn't her Serpent jacket, but it was black so close enough.

"Everything ok?" Charles asked closing the fridge.

"Yes. I also wanna see how the speakeasy is so we could open it as soon as possible." Alice smiled at them. "See you later." She said and closed the door behind her.

FP and Jellybean were already at Pop's when Alice entered. Jellybean ran to Alice and wrapped her arms around her. They only met once, but the girl seemed really friendly and Alice didn't mind. She wasn't on best terms with the contact yet, but with kids and other women was easier than with men. "Alice!"

"Jells, how are you?" Alice asked and the girl's arms were still wrapped around her. She looked at FP and he smiled.

"I'm starving, let's eat!" Jellybean smiled and took Alice's hand. She took a seat next to her father and Alice sat in front of them.

"Hi!" Alice greeted FP.

"Hi, how are you?" FP asked looking into Alice's ocean eyes.

"I'm really fine." Alice smiled and FP smiled back at her. Pop approached them to take their orders. FP's and Charles's shifts were about to start only in the afternoon.

"What can I get you?" Pop asked them. He was happy to see the two if them together and Jellybean was a bonus. Pop always loved when his costumers were happy, especially the ones he knew since forever.

"Vanilla milkshake, burger and fries." Jellybean and Alice said almost at the same time and started laughing.

"And for you FP?" Pop said chuckling himself.

"Same, but chocolate milkshake." FP smiled at Pop.

"You three, so predictable!" Pop rolled his eyes amused. "I'll be back in a minute." He said and he was. Alice, Jellybean and FP started eating.

"So Jellybean, how was back in Toledo? Any boyfriend you left behind?" Alice asked and Jellybean started laughing. FP glared playfully at Alice and she rolled her eyes.

"I wish." Jellybean smiled. "Though I saw this cute boy on the Southside the other day." She said and Alice raised and eyebrow at her, so did FP.

"Who might that one be?" FP wondered.

"I don't know daddy..." Jellybean shrugged her shoulders. "Yet."

"What?" FP asked.

"Come on FP, so were we. Especially in highschool." Alice pointed out and he nodded.

"Wait, you two know each other for how long?" Jellybean asked taking a bite from her burger.

"Twenty and some years. Who coun-"

"Twenty seven years." FP cut Alice off. He'd never forget the day he met Alice. They were fifteen and she entered the Wyrm with Hermione looking for something fun to do and lucky enough they ran into FP who was with Fred.

"Wow!" Jellybean said and took some of her fries. "And now your kids are dating."

"Yes they are." Alice smiled at the girl taking a sip of her drink. "I know what they like to do. What do you like to do Jells?"

"I uh, like singing." Jellybean said a little shyly all of a sudden. "I think I'm pretty good at it." The girl added.

"Pretty good? Don't be modest sweetie. She's killing it." FP said looking now at Alice.

"Then I'd love to hear you singing sometimes." Alice smiled and Jellybean returned her the smiled. "If you want, of course."

"I'd like that." Jellybean said. "Mom never likes when I sing."

"You never told me that princess." FP looked down at his daughter. She just shrugged her shoulders.

"Why doesn't she?" Alice asked placing a hand under Jellybean's chin.

"She says I'm bothering her."

"Well then you can come and sing to me or to your father." Alice told her and Jellybean smiled.

"Really?" She asked to make sure she could.

"Of course baby." FP kissed the top of her head and Alice smiled at the view. She loved seeing FP reunited with his daughter and so happy.

They finished their food talking and laughing about everything they could think of. Alice also went into the basement to check on the speakeasy and it was all ready. "We should go. I have something to deal with the Serpents and then I have to come back for my shift."

"Sure. You and Charles should meet and talk about the speakeasy. Then tell the Serpents." Alice told FP when they were outside.

"You're still up to it?" FP asked. He assumed Alice would drop it.

"Of course. They are important to me and so are to you." Alice smiled. "I should go too, bye!"

"Bye Alice!" Jellybean said and came to hug Alice.

"Bye Jells, bye FP!" She smiled at them.

"Bye Ali and thank you. This may have not been easy for you."

"I think I handled it pretty well." Alice joked and got in her car as FP and Jellybean got in FP's truck.