Chapter 35

"How was it?" Charles asked talking about the visit at the station.

"The worse and it's not getting better." FP said falling into the couch.

"What do you mean?" Betty asked him with her hands placed on her hips.

"I had to lie for Alice to let me in. She doesn't want me here Betty. I have no idea what to do." FP sighed.

"Give mom one more try dad, please." Charles said taking a seat next to his father. "She needs you."

"I know, I'm not leaving her and I will never stop loving her, but I don't know what to do son." FP looked at the clock. He's been gone for a while and he promised to take Jellybean out for ice cream. "Can you check on her one more time before I leave? I want to know-"

"Sure!" Charles cut him off. "I'll go." He rushed up the stairs and knocked on his mother's bedroom door. He opened it a little and saw Alice on the bed with her back facing the door. Her arms were wrapped around a pillow. "Mom." Charles said and Alice turned around. She still had traces of tears on her cheeks.

"My baby!" Alice smiled a little.

"You have no idea how good it feels to see you smile." Charles said and Alice chuckled. "I mean it."

"I know." Alice nodded her head. "Did your dad left?" She couldn't stop herself from asking.

"Not yet. He wanted to be sure your good, as good as you can be." Charles decided not to lie.

"Of course he did."

"Mom, why are you pushing him away? You were really happy together, in love." Charles said and Alice looked into his eyes.

"I know, but now I have to get through this and he needs to make things up with his wife."

"He can help you mom." Charles pointed out. "And he wants to."

"Just go downstairs and tell him I'm fine. He should go see his daughter." Alice turned again now she wasn't facing her son anymore.

"And you should eat." Charles sighed. "I'll bring you something here. Anything special?"

"Toast and some tea." Alice smiled slightly. "Thank you." Charles nodded and went downstairs. "Mom's ok, I'm going to get her something to eat now."

"Good, if something happens call me right away." FP stated, Betty and Charles nodded.

"Have fun with JB." Betty told him and FP smiled at her. He exited the house and went to his motorcycle. Before he left FP looked up at Alice's window  and there she was. FP smiled and waved at her. His heart was heavy as hell in the moments when FP waited a reaction to come from Alice. So when she waved back at him he felt better, it was some kind of improvement. "Thank god." FP whispered as he started his motorcycle.

He drove to his trailer and when he arrived Jughead and Jellybean were asleep on the couch. FP smiled and placed a blanket on top of them. He turned around from the view when he heard the door to their bedroom opening. "What took you so long?" Gladys asked coming from the bedroom in one of FP's t-shirts, he cringed a little at the view. In all this time the only one to wear his clothes was Alice.

"I told you I had something to do with Tom!" FP turned to walk into the bedroom.

"You know I don't buy it. You went to see Alice, right?" Gladys asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"None of your business." FP said not looking at Gladys.

"Actually it is my business. If you want this family to work you have to let her go FP." Gladys sat on the bed next to FP, she placed her arms around FP's neck and he backed a little. Gladys was about to say something, but the door swung open.

"Mom, daddy!" Jellybean yawned and sat between them.

"How did you sleep princess?" FP asked placing Jellybean in his lap. He placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Good, but Jughead started snoring and I couldn't sleep anymore." Jellybean rolled her eyes and FP laughed. "You promised me ice cream daddy."

"Sure, let's go JB." FP smiled getting up with Jellybean in her arms.

"Maybe I can join you." Gladys suggested and FP didn't say a thing. He didn't want to be the one to reject her offer.

"No mom. I mean...I want to go with daddy." Jellybean said and FP gave her a strange look. He didn't expect her to blew off her mother.

"Fine." Gladys shrugged her shoulders as she was used to it. "You have fun."

✓ ✓ ✓

I'm sorry this is a little shorter than usual, but I have a really important math exam tomorrow and I wanted to update. Hope you like it. 🐍❤️

✓ ✓ ✓