Small Time Blues

Child!Cuphead x Adult!Reader

××××

Cuphead sat with his brother, Mugman.

Both boys smiling happily as one of their sitters had just made some strawberry shortcake puffs.

"Wow Haley. This is amazing!" Cuphead exclaimed, eating the rest of his sweet pastry.

"Can you teach me how to make this?" Mugman asked, looking at the sitter with a closed eye smile. Causing to nod shyly, taking of her apron.

"I sure can Mugs. Maybe when (y/n) come over, we can all make some. Surely she'll want to make some." Haley replied, sitting next to Mugman, taking the sweet pastry and her cup of iced tea.

Mugman nodded happily, before looking next to him, seeing Cuphead with a small smile. Knowing full on well, that his brother liked that idea.

The sound of the doorbell ringing, caused Haley to get up from her seat, before putting her cup down and answering the door to see the (h/c) haired female.

"You're right on time. The boy's wanted to make some strawberry shortcake puffs. So, we waited for you."

"Oh. Alright. Let's get baking." (Y/n) smiled excitedly, as she and Haley got out the useful dishware and ingredients.

~

The kitchen was a bit messy. Due, to Haley always picking up the dirty dishes, and the items that weren't needed. Plus, wiping the countertop once it got messy all over again.

Yet, the strawberry shortcake puffs were being made, and needed to be set out for another fifteen minutes.

In the meantime, (y/n) and Cuphead stayed back in the kitchen to keep an eye on the strawberry shortcake puffs. While, Haley and Mugman quickly left to one of the shops for the search of iced tea.

(Y/n) looked up from the sweet pastry. Only to look into Cuphead's eyes, looking into her own.

"You're pretty." He said, out of nowhere, before smiling with a small blush.

"Huh?" Was all she could say, blushing in embarrassment, and shyness from what he just said.

It was a bit awkward for her. Considering she wasn't used to people complimenting her (Fallen: Honestly, I would hate being complimented. I mean, everyone says I look adorable. Or just tell me I am beautiful. I just go. No! ._. Stop!). No matter how many times she's heard them, she always pushed them away, saying she can't accept the compliments.

Cuphead got up from the chair, and ran into the other room, disappearing into. In that time, (y/n) remained in the kitchen, until the sound of laughing caused her to look up.

Mugman had just walked in, holding the hand of Haley. A smile placed on his face, before looking up and seeing (y/n), but no Cuphead.

"Where's Cups?" Mugman asked, looking around the kitchen. Until he heard the sound of someone clearing their throat.

"There he is. Cups. The strawberry shortcake puffs are finished. Where did you go for the time?" (Y/n) asked, curiously.

"N-Nothing." He said quickly, before getting into one of the chairs and waited to get a piece of strawberry shortcake puffs.

~

The entire room was silent.

Mugman fell asleep in between (y/n) and Haley, before she decided to take the small boy into his room.

As for (y/n), she looked to Cuphead, seeing him asleep as well.

'Aww. He looks so peaceful when sleeping.' She thought, before getting up, and then lifting him onto her shoulder.

He's not that heavy for a boy his age.

As she was carrying him to, his shared room; with his brother, Cuphead had one of his eyes open, before closing it back, and falling back asleep.

The soft snores from the two brothers, brought a smile onto (y/n)'s lips.

"You know? Cuphead really looks up to you."

Haley said, turning her head to look at the other, before faintly smiling.

(Y/n) looked to Haley, then back to Cuphead.

"Is that so?"

"Yes. You're all he ever speaks of. (Y/n) this. (Y/n) that. '(Y/n) is really cool. I want to be like her.' Is what he tells Mugman."

The smile on (y/n)'s lips never leaving.

"Well. He will do anything. He'll be alot cooler than me someday."

××××

Not sure if this is good enough. I hope it is though.

Sorry if it is bad. I just, haven't been feeling creative. And it has taken a toll on me a bit. Nothing to worry about though.

Updates will be a bit slow for this book.

Anyways I hope you enjoy (*author slowly backs away*)

Buh-Bye!

*waves softly, before disappearing into another Alternate Universe*