Part One: Take the Pain Away

Oswald x Artist! Reader:
Part One

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰
B

/N means: Brother's name.

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ─────

It had been a year since Ortensia died.

Ten months that Oswald has been deep, in depression.

On most days, he stayed locked away in his bedroom.

•~~•

There came a knock on the door.

Mickey; in confusion got up, as he walked up to the door, to answer it. When he did, his eyes widen in pure shock at who stood there.

"Hello Mickey. Long time no see." The person said as she smiles brightly at him.

"(Y-y/n)?" Mickey walked up to her, and pulled her into a hug. "Well gosh! Been five years." Mickey wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes, as he smiled at her.

"I know it has. Mind letting me in?" She giggled softly, before Mickey moved aside, chuckling. "Oh no. Come in. Come in."

She smiled, before picking up her luggage, and walking inside.

•~~•

Oswald remained in his bed, as he covered his eyes with the back of his hand.

Memories began to flash in his head; he quickly sat up, holding his head in his hands, as the painful memories had started to play.

•~~•

"Ozzy?"

"Ozzy, let's go to the ice cream polar."

Oswald smiled, happy to be with his wife, Ortensia.

They spent time together that day, when Mickey and Goofy had agreed to watch the kids.

He wanted to do this, because she had been going through a lot, with the ink illness.

~

It wasn't long until the day was nearing it's end.

Oswald and Ortensia made one last stop, the forest. Where they sat on the grass, next to a crystal clear lake.

As the sun began to set, the stars started to twinkle in the approaching night sky. The moon, slowly rose above them, lighting the entire place.

"Ozzy? You promise to be storng for the children?" She looked up at Oswald, his head hung low as his ears covered his face.

"Don't say such things Ortensia, please?" His head still hung low.

"Ozzy. Just promise me. Promise you'll keep the children smiling. Even if I-"