Part Two: The Pain Is Gone

Continuation of:

Oswald x Artist! Reader

××××

(Y/n) set her painting stand down. The starry night sky, and the beautiful full moon, made it a great scenery. One that she could paint.

She had to speak to Mickey about her going out to a plain area, where she could be able to paint this night.

Of course, Mickey was about to say no. All until he saw the look Donald was giving her. She may be old enough; 28, but he still treated her like a teenager. Wanting her to remain here, safe.

So, with a bit of help from Donald, which she never asked for, Mickey agreed, before giving her the key to the house.

'Remember (y/n)? Be back before midnight. Don't want you to be bothered by 'those' people.'

She shook her head, before picking out a paintbrush and dipping it into the color. Slowly, yet nearly stroking at the canvas.

××××

She sat alone, writing a small poem.

Without any form of warning, there came a tap at her shoulder, making her reflex, by punching the person.

"Ow. Remind me not to do that ever again." They spoke.

"(B/n)! I told you never sneak up on me. I almost knocked you out!" (Y/n) spoke before helping her brother off the floor.

"My bad. I just wanted to let you know, I'll be traveling again. I won't be here when you wake up."

She looked down sadly, before sitting back in her chair. In return, her brother wrapped his arms around her, before pulling her into his embrace.

"I'll only be gone for four days. You'll be ok." He said, trying his best to give her words of comfort, before earning a tight hug back.

"I know bro. Its just that... I hate when you have to do the job that HE gives you." Her eyes start to tear up, as she looks up to (b/n).

"I know you do. But its all I have to do to keep us both going." He said, wiping away her tears, before pulling her back into a hug.

"I promise to be safe, and to be back here by the fifth day."

Even after the fifth day, she waited, and waited. But, he never returned.

Twelve days later, there came a knock at the door. She jumped from her spot in excitement. Opening the door, to only reveal an man in a uniform.

"Are you (f/n) (l/n)?" She nodded before worry engulfed her entire being.

"Your brother has been admitted into the hospital, and wishes to see you immediately."

~

(B/n) began to cough again, as (y/n) held him close.

"I'm sorry (y/n)." He spoke before a small, sad smile appeared on his lips. "I don't think I'll.."

"No!" (Y/n) shouted, before she buried her head into his shoulder. "You'll be fine. You'll make it. I know you will. I don't want you to leave. You're my only hope. The only reason of me being able to do what I do."

(B/n) started to cough once again, as he placed his hands over his mouth. He pulled them both back, seeing black liquid.

His eyes widened in fear. Knowing that it had been passed on to him.