“Long story.” Fry adds.

“Yeah” I begin “long story” I say before looking up from the mountain at the sky that is being overtook by dark blues and purples, indicating that night is almost here. Thomas pats me on the shoulder and I manage to let out a small laugh.

We sit on the rocks, in quiet but comfortable silence.

“Wish Alby could have seen all of this.” I finally say, my eyes trained on the camp below.

“And Winston.” Fry adds, I can see a small tear roll down his cheek but he quickly wipes it away. I purse my lips together before nodding in agreement.

“And chuck” Thomas adds. I can see him playing with something wooden in his hands but I can't quite make out what it is for sure. My guess is it must be Chucks. My heart slightly breaks at the remembrance of the poor boy who never even knew the world outside of the maze. Part of me is glad he didn't get to see this, he would have broke. At least it saved him the pain.

“He'd be proud of you, you know Tommy.” I add, trying to make Thomas feel better about himself. Thomas nods his head.

“Yeah” He says simply before looking back at his hands, tracing small circles around the base of the wooden object.

“Hey Aris!” Fry yells, trying to get the boys attention who by Minho's orders, stayed down by the campfire while he laughed and talked with Harriet and Sonya.

He looks up at us and puts his hand in the air slightly moving it back and forth in a wave like motion.

“Hey guys!” He says back.

“I kinda like that kid.” Fry says through a smile.

“Yeah” Minho adds. “Still dont trust him though” Minho jokes. Causing us to chuckle under our breaths.

“Hey where's Teresa?” asks Thomas as he slips the wooden object into his jacket pocket. He looks at us for an answer, his brows slightly furrowed.

“She's up there” I answer as I point my thumb over my shoulder towards a mountain slightly behind me. I turn and see her surly still standing in the same spot looking out into the horizon.

“Thanks Newt.” Thomas says as he stands up and begins to walk over towards the mountain, he pats Minho's shoulder before completely walking off. I watch him walk away until he is no longer in sight. I look up at the mountain the Y/N and Eric went up and see them sitting on a rock pointing out from the ground.

“Is it true?” Fry asks suddenly. I look at him and furrow my brows slightly in confusion.

“What're you on about now?” I ask still confused by Frypans question.

“Do you like her?” Frypan asks as he slightly wiggles his eyebrows up and down. I scoff and shake my head slightly.

“No.” I say finally. “Or at least I don't think so.” I add at the end as I stare at the sky that has now almost fully been covered by blackness, patches of blue and yellow slightly splatter the sky but is slowly being succumbed by the darkness as well.

“Yeah right.” Minho adds causing Frypan to laugh. I look at the two and shake my head slightly.

“You two are idiots” I mutter under my breath, not really meaning for them to hear me.

“What'd you say shank?” Minho says having clearly heard be. I look at him and see him slowly placing the middle finger in front of his face.

“Oh bloody hell” I say through a smile. This causes us to break out laughing. I quickly silence myself at the sound of subtle yet noticeable humming sound. I furrow my brows towards the sky.