chapter 10

Thor's POV

I held a sleeping Loki in my arms. His bare, pale chest rising and lowering slowly with even, peaceful breaths. His raven black hair thrown everywhere and his light pink lips parted ever so slightly. His snores ever so quiet.

He was handsome. Beautiful. As beautiful as the day I fell in love. As beautiful as the day I married him. But he didn't feel like it. Thought that I thought the same way and wanted to leave him. But I didn't want to. I loved him with all my being. I never loved someone more than him. Not even Jane Foster.

He turned in my arms, cuddling more into me, whimpering in the process. I shushed him, pulling him ever so closer. His face automatically hid in my neck and he started to whimper louder. "Loki." I whispered, rubbing his back. His whimpers turned into sobs. But he wasn't awake.

I shook him lightly. "C'mon Loki. Wake up." I whispered to him. His arms snaked around me and held me tight to him. He sobs slowly being choked. "Hey." I said, trying to calm him down. He shook in my arms by himself. "It was so real." He sobbed. "I thought.. it felt so real." He cried. I ran my hand through his hair, trying to calm him.

He hiccupped and cried for awhile before I got him to calm down to tell me what happened in his dream. "What happened?" I asked him, trying to dry his tears off his face. He sniffed. "We actually divorced and.. and I went to Midgard with the children.. and then I got.. got word that.." He then started crying again. I shushed him.

"If it's too painful, you don't have to tell me." I whispered to him, caressing his cheeks with my thumbs. He sniffled again. "I thought you.. you died, Thor. I.. I was in so much pain. I thought it was real." He started to sob again.

I pulled him close to me again and held him. "Well it wasn't. As you can see, I am here. I'm alive and with you." I whispered to him, kissing his forehead. He held onto my shirt as he cried. "Please don't leave me, Thor. I couldn't take it. I'd break without you." He sobbed. I didn't know what to say so I just whispered sweet things to him, rubbing his back, trying to calm him down. But nothing seemed to do the trick. He just cried and cried until he finally fell back asleep.

I didn't sleep at all. I was so tired when the sun came up and Loki woke back up, his eyes still slightly red from the crying just hours before. His beautiful, green eyes looked at me. "You look like hell, Thor. Did you not sleep?" He asked sleepily, running his hand over my cheek. "No." I said tiredly. "I was too afraid you'd have another bad dream." I whispered, my eyes closing slowly.

He chuckled and I felt his lips lightly grazing mine. They were soft but cold. But they felt so nice against mine. So I didn't mind the coldness they had to them. "Get some sleep, brother. I'll be fine." He said. I felt him move out of my arms and sit up. "I'll go make you something for when you awake." He said, running a hand through my hair before his weight lifted off the bed.

That was the last thing I remember before falling into a dark, dreamless sleep.

Loki's POV

I took a hot shower, trying to rid myself of the dream I had barely hours earlier. But I couldn't get rid at how real it felt. I remember leaving Asgard because Thor actually did divorce me. I got to Stark tower where the children were, and not even 2 days later, I heard that Thor was dead. Of what, I don't remember. But all I do remember is that he was dead and I couldn't hold my composure long enough for the children. Even though the children love Thor endlessly, I loved him just as much. Maybe more. So, when I heard he died, I died. Even though it wasn't real. He didn't actually die. He laid only 4 feet away from me when I woke.

I finally ended my shower after what felt like forever and changed into sweatpants and a long sleeved t-shirt. I didn't want to hold an illusion for my cuts and bruises I caused on my arms. In fact, I felt too tired to hold any illusion today. But looking in the mirror to put my hair up in a bun caused me to jump back.

My skin was blue and my eyes were red. I wasn't used to seeing myself this way. I was used to holding an illusion to make myself look Asgardian. That was what I was used to. Not this. But I couldn't really care less right now. So I just put my hair up in a bun and walked out of the bathroom. But instead of walking into an empty hallway, I walked into a mass of being. It was Thor.

"You should be asleep." I told him gently. Running a hand over his arm, gently grabbing his hand in the process. "And?" He questioned sleepily, rubbing his eye with his free hand. "I needed to pee." He told me, gently moving me so he could get into the bathroom and use it. I sighed and exited to go make us some food to eat.